Cknight199 motor build thread

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
If I were you I'd look into S&S

Yea I'm seriously thinking about making some calls and getting pricing on s&s' products I'm selling my injectors to a local guy there used and I want to put brand new in the built motor.

Lbz, built trans, efi by Danville, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, afe blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

Parts collected for the build. SoCal super damper, SoCal billet flex plate, SDP S400 kit, II 85% CP3, PPE manifolds/up pipes, PCV reroute. Slowly but surely lol

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
HSP is a dealer. It's all I would use knowing what I know now.

I had an issue with another big company because I found out a couple other people were told the same exact thing as me. Not going to mention name or what happens in not into starting stuff but I won't do business with em again. I may call up hsp and get some prices

Lbz, built trans, efi by Danville, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, afe blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

Parts collected for the build. SoCal super damper, SoCal billet flex plate, SDP S400 kit, II 85% CP3, PPE manifolds/up pipes, PCV reroute. Slowly but surely lol

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
It's worth the call for sure

thanks for the info

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
I do have a used 120% II (12mm stoker) pump for sale :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you not going the II pump route anymore cayden?

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
Had two 120 II pumps explode first made it 170 miles second made it 10 miles in process of getting timing cover off gear broke an locked the second pump up. Went fleece this time

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Are you not going the II pump route anymore cayden?

No I have three but only need two... Lol

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I wouldn't run II pumps or injectors even if they were given to me. Total junk inho. Their "cobra" injectors are nothing special anyways. :roflmao:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I have a set of II 60% over injectors from 2013 that I put about 40k miles on, then pulled out and installed in my brother's truck. He is still running them, and they have about 80k on them now. Still run great.

I have heard bad things before about their stuff, and maybe I'm just lucky, but the injectors I bought are great.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
There customer service was great info have to say I just couldn't keep from exploding their pumps an as I went on to an old thread on here found tons of bad things.

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Oh lol thought you had some actual evidence.

I called up to II and actually talked with them today I wanted to actually see what they had to say about grenaded cp3's and what not, they basically said that there injectors where all 100 Bosch and they are certified by Bosch all there equipment is Bosch ect ect, also there Remans are all 100% remained all new Bosch parts ect. They said there is stuff they mod not these pumps that others don't. Said that most companies put a stroker crank in pump and that's all and that they do other things and that's why there cp3's can flow more than competition. Now mind you I'm not defending them so before anyone tries to verbally chop off my end please realize I'm posting this to put out what I was told today. Now I will also add that they did not answer my question as to what was going on with pumps exploding and bad injectors, I asked that question several times and I was never given a direct answer just told more about what they do. They also said that if you ever have a prob with there products u can send it back and as long as it wasn't caused by contaminated fuel or something not the fault of the product they will take care of you. Again not defending them also not against them pretty indifferent. Just putting out there what I was told

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I called up to II and actually talked with them today I wanted to actually see what they had to say about grenaded cp3's and what not, they basically said that there injectors where all 100 Bosch and they are certified by Bosch all there equipment is Bosch ect ect, also there Remans are all 100% remained all new Bosch parts ect. They said there is stuff they mod not these pumps that others don't. Said that most companies put a stroker crank in pump and that's all and that they do other things and that's why there cp3's can flow more than competition. Now mind you I'm not defending them so before anyone tries to verbally chop off my end please realize I'm posting this to put out what I was told today. Now I will also add that they did not answer my question as to what was going on with pumps exploding and bad injectors, I asked that question several times and I was never given a direct answer just told more about what they do. They also said that if you ever have a prob with there products u can send it back and as long as it wasn't caused by contaminated fuel or something not the fault of the product they will take care of you. Again not defending them also not against them pretty indifferent. Just putting out there what I was told

If you call a company and flat out ask multiple times about their failures and problems, your going to get answers like this. If you want to keep a business going, you wouldn't go telling guys off the street where your problems are ;)