motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Getting this thing back together is going much slower than I wanted. Not knowing how some of this stuff routes has me taking things back off and putting back I again to get it all right. Helping momma with the little one takes up a lot of time too. About as far as I got yesterday

Anyhow, mostly there and building some tabs for the FICM to work was simple. Running it dry as well.

eb34d113d2423e0f050c8dd3b0f58dd8.jpg

c0d41555f87e19f9e4bdd1845be7694a.jpg
Why are you running the ficm dry? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well, no one has shown it to have ill affects yet and I couldn't make the steel fuel line banjo end work with the FICM placement. I'm half tempted to buy the bigger cp3 fitting and rerun the feed lines so it's all 1/2"

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well, no one has shown it to have ill affects yet and I couldn't make the steel fuel line banjo end work with the FICM placement. I'm half tempted to buy the bigger cp3 fitting and rerun the feed lines so it's all 1/2"

Lookin real good there James. I'll have to come check it out sometime, just been slammed lately.

Imo the fuel running through the ficm is only one more potential failure point. Ive had mine dry over a year and I did it because the line split and was leaking.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Lookin real good there James. I'll have to come check it out sometime, just been slammed lately.

Imo the fuel running through the ficm is only one more potential failure point. Ive had mine dry over a year and I did it because the line split and was leaking.

Can't you jack up the lift pump pressure once you run the ficm dry?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
New power steering pump went in and replaced the pressure line from steering box to hydro boost. Also cleaned up my wiring routing that use to cross over the cowling. It now all runs in the cowling so it's all hidden. Also cut down the lift pump wiring so I don't have 6 ft of extra wire bunched up by the booster.

Weight reduction lol
04b23399a7d26be96077122d7a5c79e0.jpg

Boost gauge tubes exit out the cowling and the egt probe comes out the bottom of it.
e2436f5a5d0d026f1ed4e049e75ff937.jpg

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
New power steering pump went in and replaced the pressure line from steering box to hydro boost. Also cleaned up my wiring routing that use to cross over the cowling. It now all runs in the cowling so it's all hidden. Also cut down the lift pump wiring so I don't have 6 ft of extra wire bunched up by the booster.

Weight reduction lol
04b23399a7d26be96077122d7a5c79e0.jpg

Ok Brian Jr. :roflmao:

And where is the vid of the steve man and our famous debacle of the In-N-Out run?!?! :rofl:

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok Brian Jr. :roflmao:

And where is the vid of the steve man and our famous debacle of the In-N-Out run?!?! :rofl:

yeah cause my 7800lbs truck misses that little bit of wiring :roflmao:

oh you mean this one?

Just so you guys know that dont know, im the bald guy with an island of hair on my head, Steve is trying to take the order and Jon is filming. You would think the guy that can tune so well could take a simple InNOut order :roflmao::roflmao:

[YOUTUBE]_K08M988JxE[/YOUTUBE]

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Seriously, it does! i had it cranking for a while with no signs of starting so i though i may have missed something. went over it really quick and just figured it was air in the lines still. sure enough, hit the remote start once more and fired right up smooth as can be!

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Hurry up an finish the beezy! You better have her buttoned up when I'm back again in another week, I am expecting a slow but amusing ride... one with the possibilities of a few curbs or messican trenches :roflmao:

Talking with Russ (Yellowchevy) before my trip back home to AZ last month, I asked him if he wanted me to deliver any message to James... he said "kick him in the d#&K for me." So in the middle of helping James tear the motor down I gladly delivered the message! :woott:

Attachments

• IMG_8190.JPG
    IMG_8190.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 61

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
When in doubt, stand back and hit the remote start :rofl:

exactly! this thing works awesome when i need to start and stop the engine :rofl:. need to do the hoot method to flush the trans? remote start. Need to start the engine you just partially rebuilt and are afraid shits gunna go flying? remote start. want to scare the guy leaning on your truck? remote start and panic button all at once :rofl:

Hurry up an finish the beezy! You better have her buttoned up when I'm back again in another week, I am expecting a slow but amusing ride... one with the possibilities of a few curbs or messican trenches :roflmao:

Talking with Russ (Yellowchevy) before my trip back home to AZ last month, I asked him if he wanted me to deliver any message to James... he said "kick him in the d#&K for me." So in the middle of helping James tear the motor down I gladly delivered the message! :woott:

No ride for you now! :D