Calling out NWTDIESEL

Newly

• Has sniffed to many Purple paint fumes

Votes: 53 49.1%
  • Is just misunderstood

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Will get owned if he shows up a weekend on the Edge

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Needs to learn MPH is for slow imports to brag about.

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
No need to try em all IMO. In 8yrs of driving D-Max's and being around the sport for almost 5yrs I don't see the need. Just buy a proven one. IMHO the fastest trucks out there don't run purple turbos ;). Just my observation. If you can achieve your goals with one great.

Ya still got that business card I gave ya at truckfest or even remember who I am :rofl:?

I remember who you are..... You mean the business card that said your a moderator on "the diesel place?" :rofl::rofl: Purple or not its a big snail and will make power;)

Hey I actually like it, looks pretty sweet to me.
When are you getting into Vegas? I would like to check out your dyno run.

Im scheduled to leave Tues night but i might not make it out till weds night. Not sure yet.

Not sure when he'll be in Justin.

I am trying to set up the dyno so I can get it tuned on Thursday. So hopefully Thursday. You're welcome to come with. :hug:

Did you get the appointment?

Make it after 4 so I can go watch too..... :D

Ok, If Mike doesnt mind i dont either.

I ask just out of pure curiosity why did you choose the color you did? And why didn't you go with compounded turbos? That is like getting a heart transplant and then tying a rope around your neck and trying to run a 100 yard dash???:confused::confused:

I chose purple to piss people off...and its working:D Im not a fan of compounds but i might have to go with them soon;) Sorry i didnt go with what you wanted or what you would have done.

Hey Newly, guess I'm gonna have to try to make weekend on the edge. Would love to see you kick some butt on the racetrack. :happy2:

C'mon, the more the better. That 948hp Cummins i told you about is coming with me, ill get him to take you for a ride!!!

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
:rofl::rofl: Thats awesome.

Even if its earlier, I might just bail out of work early. Never seen a 900 horse dury before. Gotta start somewhere. :D

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Yeah,LMAO :rofl:.

The qustion is will it last? That is the question with all purple parts :eek:. When I think big I think GT45,GT47,or
GT54.
How much power do you expect it to make?

I remember who you are..... You mean the business card that said your a moderator on "the diesel place?" :rofl::rofl: Purple or not its a big snail and will make power;)

Last edited:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
HAHAHA you must of heard about this thread on another forum!:rofl: Thanks for the support man! Yea, i remember that night we raced that built 24v. He sure went home sad....:D

Ill see you up in Utah and please dont call me out! Now you have a REAL truck and i WOULD be worried bout racing you:D:eek:

Why??? you should know that 900hp dodges usually only run low 12s or high 11s :D :stirthepot:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
So who deleted the "calling out MikeL" thread?

Is he showing?

Didnt even respond:rofl:

I suppose the deleted thread was a committee kind of thing.

I don't speak for Mike L, but I've been racing in SoCal for over 30 years, diesels for 5. So here's what I know about MikeL and diesel racing:

Mike L has attended and supported many western diesel events over the years, I couldn't begin to list them all. I don't remember him ever pulling, and he only raced his truck a couple times when he was testing stuff. He supports diesel racing more than most shops do. I remember one event where a Dodge guy broke his trans right before the finals, and he opened his shop and fixed him up just in time to make the race, even though he was probably rooting for the Dmax guy to win. He's that kind of guy. I'm not convinced SlowLMM or his followers has ever done that for any racer, so his callout is particularly poor taste.

Good natured smack-talk among fellow racers is OK. You might be surprised that one of the best known "Call Out" threads in Duramax racing was when I called out MikeL to race me about 5 years ago. MikeL was running the TTS Extreme, and I was running other tuning, so there was the potential for a lot of nastiness. But I didn't have to say crappy things about him to get him to race me. He won. We have been friends ever since.

When "call out" threads are nothing but personal insults unrelated to truck racing then this is not the right site for it. I don't expect you newer racers to know the history of western Duramax racing, but I do expect you to act like diesel racing is more than just TV-Land Fast-n-Furious BS. It's a time to get together with friends and have some fun. Heck, maybe even help each other go faster.

There was an email sent out to the members here discussing this issue. We are most all racers here, and all Duramax enthusiasts. It's time to stop the hate.

Any more references to deleted Hate Threads with the intention of starting more hate, will require us to suspend your posting priviledges. We aren't baby-sitters, we are just racers, and can't watch you 24/7. Please use a little common sense, and when a fight is settled by our staff, leave it be. There was a reason it was done.

As far as Trent being a moderator here and starting a Call-Out thread? Trent was selected as moderator here because he is a racer and helps others with their Dmax problems. We do not require the staff here to cut off their balls and keep them in the closet when posting here. They give their time freely to help others, but they are primarily hotrodders and racers.

We have a great staff here, I'd say about the best of any diesel site I visit. I believe that's because they are mainly hardcore diesel folk, not "Voted Most Popular" at the prom.

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
When I pushed the A5 to 683hp a few years back at the GAM SF dyno, the DP was in the stratosphere. Is that A6 using the same T3 pedestal as the A5? It's exhaust A/R looks tiny like the A5 as well. Have you measured the Inducer on that Newly? Is it a 74-75mm? I did fry the A5s thrust bearing and it shot all the particles down into the drain which in turn dumped into the motor. I'm suspicious some of the particles blocked off some oil passages and wasted some bearings inside. The oil filter was full of particles from it :eek:.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
When I pushed the A5 to 683hp a few years back at the GAM SF dyno, the DP was in the stratosphere. Is that A6 using the same T3 pedestal as the A5? It's exhaust A/R looks tiny like the A5 as well. Have you measured the Inducer on that Newly? Is it a 74-75mm? I did fry the A5s thrust bearing and it shot all the particles down into the drain which in turn dumped into the motor. I'm suspicious some of the particles blocked off some oil passages and wasted some bearings inside. The oil filter was full of particles from it :eek:.

the a6k is t-4 i think. i think thats primarily the difference between it and the a5k. i might be wrong though.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I chose purple to piss people off...and its working:D Im not a fan of compounds but i might have to go with them soon;) Sorry i didnt go with what you wanted or what you would have done.

The color doesn't bother me, just wondering your reasoning. So are you going to spray it or #2 only? Except where you are limited by sled pulling rules, I just never understand the statement, "Im not a fan of compounds". They are so far superior on a street truck it alway baffles me why people say that.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
The color doesn't bother me, just wondering your reasoning. So are you going to spray it or #2 only? Except where you are limited by sled pulling rules, I just never understand the statement, "Im not a fan of compounds". They are so far superior on a street truck it alway baffles me why people say that.

Well Ken, its because they make too much power for some :D

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX

So right on. I couldn't agree more. I've been hooked for some time now.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
IMO:

The problem with singles is that you CAN make really big power, but you narrow the powerband and move it upwards.

With Casper's twins we could move the HP peak down and widen the curve at the exact same boost level.

For nitrous? A small single is perhaps the best. Just have a few extras handy. You'll only be using the turbo so you can get more nitrous inside, so it doesn't take a lot of boost. The temptation to overspeed the turbo is great though, and that's why they don't last long. Keep the RPM down, and AOK.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
IMO:

The problem with singles is that you CAN make really big power, but you narrow the powerband and move it upwards.

With Casper's twins we could move the HP peak down and widen the curve at the exact same boost level.

For nitrous? A small single is perhaps the best. Just have a few extras handy. You'll only be using the turbo so you can get more nitrous inside, so it doesn't take a lot of boost. The temptation to overspeed the turbo is great though, and that's why they don't last long. Keep the RPM down, and AOK.

Should keep a charger alive if a properly sized waste gate is fitted, what do you think?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Should keep a charger alive if a properly sized waste gate is fitted, what do you think?

Maybe, but the nitrous Dodge guys decided to limit their racing to 1/8th mile so the chargers would last a full pass or two even though gated, IIRC.

I've seen quite a few blow LLY/LB7 chargers as well as 66mm's on Dmaxes who spray 150+ rwhp, from overspeeding them at high EGT.

Status
Not open for further replies.