LML Callies Durastar Crankshaft Issues??

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
Almost been a full week with no answers I'm a bit disappointed in them. Starting to feel like they are avoiding the issue.

I'm curious tho if callies will cover the cost of a rebuild if someone that Has a defective crank fitted and it fails.

How hard is it to tell a customer yes or no if its effected when a few shops have already been told it is batch related and have replaced there defective cranks.

Kind of annoyed beacuse I'm already so far behind schedule with this build due to some bearing issues that were supplied incorrect. And being in Australia any part that is needed takes weeks to get here. So the longer they take to reply saying yes or no. Then if its effected we will be looking in to another few week's waiting for the crank, then balancing ect

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
CRAWLEN, that's pretty shitty they will not respond at all, even if they would say they are looking into it and will get back to you when they have a resolution. :(

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
Duramaxzak, yeah it is. going to try one more thing to get contact out of them, i have a direct email to a sales support guy when i was first looking at these cranks so will give that a shot. hopefully get something back. if not either going to just have to wait. or put the crank in and hope like hell it doesn't fail

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
So finally got a reply, slightly vague on the info. They recon my crank is fine, and have offered to pay for shipping back and forth to inspect the crank.

I have asked if they can share the info they have found to share here, and to see if there is any checks we can do in Australia so I don't have to wait another month to get this engine together.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190413-050202_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190413-050202_Gmail.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 129

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
yeah i can see a few being sold, but also put in to account it was batch related. so mine could be from a separate batch that would also make it rare. but will see what info they give me when they reply i would say it will be next week tho.
going to speak to my engine builder now and see if he wants to send the crank off and let them inspect it. especially since they would be paying both ways

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
This is all just guessing at the moment on how many they have made. and also how they are using the percentage. depends if the figure was given as the chance of it being effected, instead of using the percentage to say this percentage of cranks is effected. and used such a low percentage to show that my crank is fine. it seems a pretty accurate number number though, being 0.02% not like saying like 0.1%

like saying 90 cranks made in a batch and you have a 0.02% chance of it being effected its very very rare but could happen.

But with the lack of info it is hard to tell. hopefully when i get more info it should clear it up, but i am thinking a month delay is better then rebuilding an engine after a crank issue, especially if i don't have to pay freight for the crank to and from Australia.

I will keep you guys updated when i hear more.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I'm guessing whoever just made up a percentage to make you feel better, they really have no clue.

Anybody have a head count on bad ones? Pushing 10?

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
That’s not very many, makes me wonder, is it really better than a stock crank? I wish someone would post results with some mileage on their engine. At least 100,000 miles.

well its the same price as stock and better steel, also rated at "800hp" once we get past the thrust bearing issues might see what they can do.

my plan is to push one of these at that point of what they rate it for.

reason i bought one is because my stock crank was shagged. just because there has been some failures doesn't mean its a bad product it will be a bad product if they don't resolve the issues.

its just like how people have had exergy injectors fail, carrillo rods fail, pistons ect. there will always be defects in products and callies have picked this up and trying to resolve it probably a bit piss poor on how they are doing it, but sounds like they are trying. but time will tell, im sure there is a few people out there that have racked up some miles with out an issue. but who knows