Buyer Bewear- Eric (alliance1289) Ripped me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Good luck man,i hate people ripping off good guys trying to help out, i dont make alot selling parts i try to help guys out that are in need of parts and when you get ripped off it sucks.:mad:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Trevor sorry bud. Some people use the "rob from Peter to pay Paul" maneuver a bit much. Sucks good guys finish last they say. For those that don't know Trevor (Trubbs) he is a great guy. Honest, friendly, appreciative, and the sales transaction I had with him went great. He would not post here about this if he didn't have to.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Only question I have is why did you let a hcylinder head go on "his word" that he'd pay you? To me, seems as much your fault as it is his. Im not calling you an idiot, but im not about to send engine parts off to someone with put payment... :confused:

I ate breakfast with Eric last weekend in Utah, and he told me he had plenty of engines, heads, axles, etc for his build...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Only question I have is why did you let a hcylinder head go on "his word" that he'd pay you? To me, seems as much your fault as it is his. Im not calling you an idiot, but im not about to send engine parts off to someone with put payment... :confused:

I ate breakfast with Eric last weekend in Utah, and he told me he had plenty of engines, heads, axles, etc for his build...

I'm sure he regrets going on the honor system. You're right Brian he shouldn't have done it but I'm sure he knew this months ago he doesn't need a reminder now. Kinda like salt in the wound. Since you know this kid maybe you can help Trevor get his $ back somehow?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Yes, it is salt in the wound, but even he will agree with me that its as much his fault as Eric's...

Even if your my BFF you exchange cash for parts, no honor system, too many people out there that bend the "system"

Now, that still doesnt make it "ok" for Eric to not deliver said product...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yes, it is salt in the wound, but even he will agree with me that its as much his fault as Eric's...

Even if your my BFF you exchange cash for parts, no honor system, too many people out there that bend the "system"

Now, that still doesnt make it "ok" for Eric to not deliver said product...

Being a nice understanding person who got taken advantage of doesn't make him wrong. Maybe a little naive, but that's about it. I'm sure he learned his lesson. Bottom line, the buyer (if you can call him that since he didn't pay in full yet) is 100% wrong.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Well he gave me partial payment at the event, seamed like a trustworth guy so I figured he would be good to own up and pay the rest the fallowing "payday" said something to the extend that he spent more then planned on making the trip to II & he would send me the rest 2 weeks after when he got paid.
Yeah shouldn't have done it,yes it's partly my fault that I'm in this situation now, but the way I was raised was that if you give your word you damn well better stick to it.
Guess there are even fewer then I thought out there that went by this way of life anymore.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Being a nice understanding person who got taken advantage of doesn't make him wrong. Maybe a little naive, but that's about it. I'm sure he learned his lesson. Bottom line, the buyer (if you can call him that since he didn't pay in full yet) is 100% wrong.

Nailed it.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Your very right on that. Lesson learned, but I do hope Eric makes contact with you, I mean, he did tell me he was doing very well with work last time I talked to him. best of luck.. :thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
What i cant understand is you dont have to be on this sight very long to figure out if you screw anyone on here your not going to be on here anymore.

There have been guys on here ive sent parts to before i got the money because they didnt have paypal and where sending a bank check or a personal check and their truck was down and needed the parts fast..I try to make sure they have a high post count but i guess this wouldnt have made a diff in this case because he was on here regularly.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

X2 josh

Brian, i know your friends with eric and i have no beef with him but friendship and business should not be mixed. You keep them separate. In this case, there is an issue in business and regaurdless if we ate breakfast with him, this needs to be handled profensionally and not something you or i or anyone else should stick their nose in giving opinions. It just makes things worse. I only mean this in a friendly suggestion just like when you and i talked about that whole flex plate issue with that truck we took to cali :hug:

A verble contract (ie, giving your word) can be no differant than a paper contract if you have all your info straight.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Oh yeah amd it wasnt like trubbs wasnt trying,i saw in a couple threads he was making commnets as to not getting paid so Eric has had warring also and ignored it.........he had to know this was coming

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Hey what happen to the tags section i thought for sure there would be some amusing tags on here please dont tell me its been taken away,i loved those :roflmao:

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011

Your very right on that. Lesson learned, but I do hope Eric makes contact with you, I mean, he did tell me he was doing very well with work last time I talked to him. best of luck.. :thumb:
II don't know nor do I care to know any of his personal life but I'd think if he had all the money & parts that he says he does, why would he be askin for deals & even donations on parts in his build thread, & make such a big drawn out deal about paying me a measly $200.
X2 josh

Brian, i know your friends with eric and i have no beef with him but friendship and business should not be mixed. You keep them separate. In this case, there is an issue in business and regaurdless if we ate breakfast with him, this needs to be handled profensionally and not something you or i or anyone else should stick their nose in giving opinions. It just makes things worse. I only mean this in a friendly suggestion just like when you and i talked about that whole flex plate issue with that truck we took to cali :hug:

A verble contract (ie, giving your word) can be no differant than a paper contract if you have all your info straight.

Thank you for the kind words!

Oh yeah amd it wasnt like trubbs wasnt trying,i saw in a couple threads he was making commnets as to not getting paid so Eric has had warring also and ignored it.........he had to know this was coming
Yeah I sent him pm's, posted in his threads, one of which (the PPE FS thread) he responded & told me to give my number & he'd call, took another week of pestering to actually get a text from him, where he said he would mail me a check a month ago

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Feel for ya, but doubtful you get your money....probably just a bunch of excuses saying how horrible he is at shipping and such.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Feel for ya, but doubtful you get your money....probably just a bunch of excuses saying how horrible he is at shipping and such.

I agree, I don't think I'll get paid. Would be nice but doubt it'll happen.
Just can't let someone get away Scott free for ripping another person off

Status
Not open for further replies.