Buyer Beware --> 1slomax <--- Chad Rogers

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
I got an lbz cp3 pump from a member and all he did was throw it in a box and shipped it.I still can't believe it wasn't damaged.Then on top of that,it was missing the fuel rail fitting.Of course he knew nothing and got it that way.Sure makes me scared.
Oh,and the time I bought a trailer hitch that was bent slightly,never told it.Then theres the laptop mount(Ram),ask if it will fit an 02,guess what,not w/o buying the proper bottom mount.
I may just list all the guys and what I was screwed on.:(

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I got an lbz cp3 pump from a member and all he did was throw it in a box and shipped it.I still can't believe it wasn't damaged.Then on top of that,it was missing the fuel rail fitting.Of course he knew nothing and got it that way.Sure makes me scared.
Oh,and the time I bought a trailer hitch that was bent slightly,never told it.Then theres the laptop mount(Ram),ask if it will fit an 02,guess what,not w/o buying the proper bottom mount.
I may just list all the guys and what I was screwed on.:(

I thought Pat had started a buyer beware thread where people could post the bad experiance and post names.I think Trubbs made a post on it as well as others.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
sounds like my snowmobile motor i purchashed from a dealer 3 years ago, the guy put it in the cheapest plastic container, covered it with a blanket and filled the rest with peanuts. when i got it half of one side was broke off, the motor was on its top so the thermostat housing was broke, the water pump cover was shattered and some other things. Of course i starte a claim, i ended up having to buy all the parts for myself cause the ahole dissaperared and he ended up getting i belive 1750 due to damages or something. So boy did he make out like a bandit

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Well I learned something today. When buying parts ask if there is any sand or dirt in them first. Then ask how they plan on packaging them. Once that is confirmed then make sure he is the one shipping them. What a piece of chit. :mad:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Well I learned something today. When buying parts ask if there is any sand or dirt in them first. Then ask how they plan on packaging them. Once that is confirmed then make sure he is the one shipping them. What a piece of chit. :mad:

X2.

Here's an idea for all you cheap ass people who are clueless about shipping items. When you buy aftermarket performance parts and they arrive on your front porch, SAVE THE PACKING MATERIALS. Bubble wrap, and heavy brown paper can be reused! Don't cost you a dime and will serve to protect the used parts you are slinging on this forum! Hell it's even going green!:thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
X2.

Here's an idea for all you cheap ass people who are clueless about shipping items. When you buy aftermarket performance parts and they arrive on your front porch, SAVE THE PACKING MATERIALS. Bubble wrap, and heavy brown paper can be reused! Don't cost you a dime and will serve to protect the used parts you are slinging on this forum! Hell it's even going green!:thumb:
X10 i save all the bubble wrap i can news paper what ever, i recycle boxes all time also,i try and use the tripple thick 1s when i get them.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
what kind of idiot throws injectors in a box with no packing material????? They're injectors! Anyone with half a brain knows that they are probably some of the more fragile parts on our engines....

And the BS line about "oh it wasnt me who packed them". Come on, does he think you were born yesterday Russ???? What a lame excuse.

whiskeyrun

Dec 7, 2012
Va.
Buyer BEWARE alright ,,,,,,, thats a bum deal with no excuse, return the injectors and give the man his money back .....no ands ifs or buts about it, keep the site clean from trash like this ,,,we are a group of friends here .

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
I bought injectors from a member on comp D, and I had the exact opposite problem. He had them wrapped up in bubble wrap so tight I could hardly get the damn things out of the box lol.

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Damn man it seems like this is becoming an all to common occurence! What the hell happened to the days when a man's word was as solid as oak? I know of a few on here myself included in the last few months who have been hosed by some little wormy POS! Makes you want to beat some good old fashioned ass! None of this he said bullshit just deliver an asswhoopin! Good luck!

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
I bought injectors from a member on comp D, and I had the exact opposite problem. He had them wrapped up in bubble wrap so tight I could hardly get the damn things out of the box lol.

x2! went i ship our injectors i use a box 3 times too big and use half a roll of bubble wrap. the cost of the extra postage and bubble in minimal to the cost of replacing just ONE injector.

but i have had a hand full of customer send me injectors just thrown in a box and guess what, they have to buy all new injectors lol

Sorry to hear this happen Russ, some peoples children are just sad...

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Another good thing i do is i take a tight fitting piece of rubber hose longer then the nozzle tip and it works really well to protect it. and i put them in heavy plastic bags and then wrap and table them so they stay clean. it really doesnt take very long to do a good job and care about what you are doing.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry that happened to you, Russ. Its the way of the world now.

As for advice on packing, people could PM me and ask my opinion. ;) Id be more than willing to help with insight and info.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
That turbo I received from a member on this site came in a daiper cardboard box with nothing inside of it:mad:. Lucky for me only the waste gate bracket got bent. I still don't understand what he was thinking.

I hope you get something out of his inability to ship things correctly.

Yellowchevy

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
IDK what's more sad..... The fact that homeboy pulled this crap or the fact that threads like these always get our attention and were like girls wanting to know the gossip lol.

GRNASTY

Feb 17, 2013
Damn man it seems like this is becoming an all to common occurence! What the hell happened to the days when a man's word was as solid as oak? I know of a few on here myself included in the last few months who have been hosed by some little wormy POS! Makes you want to beat some good old fashioned ass! None of this he said bullshit just deliver an asswhoopin! Good luck!

I got a sheet rock estamate in paper well it cost 3k more we dont carry it... its in black an white on the damn estamate ???

Yeah I only deal with people with alot of post an credit .. sorry this happend to you.

I told the sheet rock guy f u i cant trust u on an estimate im not letting u in my house!

1slomax

Dec 6, 2011
Harrisonburg VA
no i didnt package them my grandpa did, yes i should have made sure they were done right but wasnt here i was about to head to NC when they were getting shipped, but its kinda funny how you sent me a PM asking if i had anyone else interested in them because you just bought a set of 100%s within minutes of this PM you sent me the one saying i was getting them back because they were trashed, i would not be questioning you if you wouldnt have been trying to get rid of them before you even got them from UPS

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I would go ask your grandpa how he packed them up, if he just threw them in the box it is on you even if the guy did want to get rid of them

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Dude, he opened the fvcking box on video. How do you think he doctored that? Magically got the shipping label off your original package, stuck it on another somehow, thru in the injectors & played a game of roller hockey with it or what?! You're unbelievable. Wow!