Build costs

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The only thing that bothers me about what Mike said is that he lets his arrogance get in the way of his knowledge. He is after all a very smart man. A very smart man who is humble, will get more respect than the same man that acts as if he is better than someone else. I have never claimed to be the fastest racer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stay bothered. Me humble? GTFOH :rofl: I am not better than anyone else but it seems my comments have made your own esteem questionable to you.
:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have my own converter now. I bought a standard PI converter and stamped AJ in it. Now I'm an expert to.:thumb::D

I sent this to Terry along with your daddy's comments about his converters.
My comment about your converter if it is a PI was serious.

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Stay bothered. Me humble? GTFOH :rofl: I am not better than anyone else but it seems my comments have made your own esteem questionable to you.
:D

no you havent bothered me in that way mike , i just wish you wasnt such an ass to people to make yourself look good . you seemed to have payed your dues in this fun sport and made a real good name for yourself . Don't screw that up by being a d*ckhead just cause you think you can.:thumb: i have nothin to question:eek:lcoot: seems you do:roflmao:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Cams and heads

Rob, I think you and I both would rather have the :hug:"CORRECT" 2.6 turbo than a set of ported heads or cam for pulling. All the cam and head work in the world will not make up for a basic turbo when there is a turbo limit. It will be very interesting to see how this 2.6 race shakes out in feb. It's a shame a good turbo is almost as much as ported heads and cam. Jeff

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I sent this to Terry along with your daddy's comments about his converters.
My comment about your converter if it is a PI was serious.

Ok Mike, I guess when he calls me tomorrow we'll have to discuss "Diesel forum politics" for a while.:D

Something tells me it wont get brought up though....;)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
no you havent bothered me in that way mike , i just wish you wasnt such an ass to people to make yourself look good . you seemed to have payed your dues in this fun sport and made a real good name for yourself . Don't screw that up by being a d*ckhead just cause you think you can.:thumb: i have nothin to question:eek:lcoot: seems you do:roflmao:

I don't build anything fast anymore. I do like being part of a team that gets the job done. I stay in the backround. Could I build a killer truck? You bet your ass.
You sure seem worried about me and my reputation. You should worry about building a fast truck so you can give advice as to how you did it.
Answer this question. What have you done? Try not to bring my age or my rep into it. Just answer what you have done and why anyone should listen to you as compared to what they can read on the forums as you have.
Signed;
The :eek:lcoot: that cannot afford a fricken tapafricken talk droid.:D

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
I have done plenty, and have nothing to prove unlike you with your ego.
I don't need a label or a truck to define me , but you my friend, take your alli's out of your life and your nothing more than a regular Joe
Sent from my Droid using Mike's-talks-alot

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
300' ain't all that homie! :roflmao:

Though if the Dodge guys get their way, that's how far next season's drag strips will be ...

:roflmao: I can just see 2015..... drag races will be limited to quickesst 60 foot :rofl:

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Do you know me ? I don't know you but I can tell you i am no spring chicken there bud. Furthermore, I have no attitude, just was stating the obvious. Maybe you should get your facts straight there my friend

You really have no idea about this. What I said was true, like it or not.....bud.

Last edited:

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
I like Mike too...he has always been helpful

lets get one thing clear , i am not saying i dislike some one or like someone . its really about just being arrogant for no reason for me . this thread has turned into a pissing match and who's "wood deck" is biggger than the others. Who Cares :)

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
lets get one thing clear , i am not saying i dislike some one or like someone . its really about just being arrogant for no reason for me . this thread has turned into a pissing match and who's "wood deck" is biggger than the others. Who Cares :)

Why don't you take your own advice...

Before you go blasting around the internet forums with your new boost hardon. Spend some time to get to know some of the people on here, the trans guy you are bashin is one of the most respected ally guys in the biz. Yes he can be a little rough but he knows his stuff. Respect is earned not given.

So I will echo his question, what have you done & why should anyone listen to you? Oh and start your own thread, blackdirtymax's list of accomplishments & accolades:thumb:

Beech, sorry us ass hats mucked up your build thread....

buckmasterjr

Dec 18, 2010
southern utah
Huge difference between 1000HP and 600HP.

600 can be done fairly cheap, fairly reliable, without pulling the engine out.

1000HP is the opposite. :D
well that is true i can not fight about that but i got a motor that has low comp on #4 and lost two injectors. I have fixed or replaced the injectors and now i have to pull the motor apart and i want to do the most i can while im in there. but still be able to use the truck not just race and play with it. but would love to build a race truck next so thats why ill try to learn from all you guys tell i get enough to do what ive learned and build this motor as bad as i can (as funds afford but i dont want to waist it on stuff thats not needed and only use the stuff thats most benificial now )

Last edited:

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
/
Why don't you take your own advice...

Before you go blasting around the internet forums with your new boost hardon. Spend some time to get to know some of the people on here, the trans guy you are bashin is one of the most respected ally guys in the biz. Yes he can be a little rough but he knows his stuff. Respect is earned not given.

So I will echo his question, what have you done & why should anyone listen to you? Oh and start your own thread, blackdirtymax's list of accomplishments & accolades:thumb:

Beech, sorry us ass hats mucked up your build thread....
Don't let the post count fool you!
Lets get one thing clear , I know who Mike L is, I know he knows his stuff and I respect him for that. However what I don't respect is for a person of his caliber to come in a thread and bash me because he thinks I don't know what I am talking about . Maybe you guys that are mad or upset because you think I am being disrespectful to him, should go back and reread the parts where we began our bickering. I never called out Mike L, he made the comments. I was simply defending myself.

To Mike , if I affended you in any way "Sorry"