Build costs

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Thats my f up on the injector hold downs. I didn't recommend it if he was only wanting 600hp I said there was a number of upgrades he could, well if he is shooting for 1000hp I think these are justified. It is all in the power he plans on making. The stock flex plate when bolted to a good converter with lower hp range should be fine. When your getting to huge power and lots of stress its a peace of mind to have the billet upgrade. The dampner is needed when making big power to keep everything balanced. So you would suggest at 1000hp not running either?

I don't need to suggest anything. Thankfully that's your job:thumb::D

But IMO the only reason for balancer and plate is needed is for the SFI rating.

And they don't make billet hold downs for a lbz ,so I was wondering why you would recommend them to that guy?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Can I use my hockey stick??? Bout the only way I'm gonna hit a ball that small.... :D

You're invited my friend. We are going to use White Out as a golf cart. Maybe we can entice Rob and Nathan to play and they can use MaxedOut.:cool2:
EEEHAW :roflmao::thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Probably need bolt cutters to do it you old fart.:D
I have been working on my game Ken. I expect to peak just before i ram it up your..nevermind.:D
We need to call this the first annual Duramax Diesel golf shootout. All you pussys are invited to play. Although Ken and I are having a death match and the prize is a golden walker ( plated platic from china ) with a horn, we could have prize money for all kinds of things. Might be a great yearly thing.
Heard there was a golf course near McRat that had a special tent with females as a prize.:rofl::roflmao::baby:

Mike I'm coming down early next month... let's get out there and play , maybe bring Chris's sissy ass along :D

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Thats my f up on the injector hold downs. I didn't recommend it if he was only wanting 600hp I said there was a number of upgrades he could, well if he is shooting for 1000hp I think these are justified. It is all in the power he plans on making. The stock flex plate when bolted to a good converter with lower hp range should be fine. When your getting to huge power and lots of stress its a peace of mind to have the billet upgrade. The dampner is needed when making big power to keep everything balanced. So you would suggest at 1000hp not running either?

Problem is, there are folk here who are reading the board for good advice, not just any advice.

As far as making fun of someone who runs mid 12's?

That's faster than most the trucks on "Competition Diesel", and faster than most the cars at your local Test-n-Tune night.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Probably need bolt cutters to do it you old fart.:D
I have been working on my game Ken. I expect to peak just before i ram it up your..nevermind.:D
We need to call this the first annual Duramax Diesel golf shootout. All you pussys are invited to play. Although Ken and I are having a death match and the prize is a golden walker ( plated platic from china ) with a horn, we could have prize money for all kinds of things. Might be a great yearly thing.
Heard there was a golf course near McRat that had a special tent with females as a prize.:rofl::roflmao::baby:

Oh man lol. Mike, ken, if you guys dont mind i may have to tag along. So sunday after the races in march?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You're invited my friend. We are going to use White Out as a golf cart. Maybe we can entice Rob and Nathan to play and they can use MaxedOut.:cool2:
EEEHAW :roflmao::thumb:

That's the only golf cart that Wes would fit in LOL!!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

It would be nice to have both but I don't think it's required if your keeping rpm under 4000. Trent, and several other have done over 1000 without those parts and they had no issue. If I had no budget however, I would do it regardless of hp I'm shooting for.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Imo stock injector hold downs work fine, ive ran them with my twin set up, and with the pulling set up. Never had problems there.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
/
Don't let the post count fool you!
Lets get one thing clear

Ok..... let's do this, Mike asked what have you done? I my self idleize people that have gone thru the hardship and post what they have learned...... You and others that have not even been in the 1000hp range dis us? You all se to have input ....... but personal I look at your post and think WTF has this guy done? And why the fk is he giving advice??

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I once had a problem with an OEM balancer, but that was found to be a bad unit before I put it on. I had damaged it during removal. Live and learn. I also run the SoCal balancer on some engines.

As far as the flex plate? I have both stock and SoCal Diesel pieces, and haven't seen 1 problem at any RPM, but I've only been to 5250rpm.

My backup engines are usually OEM flexplate and dampener. My stroker is dressed better.

I can take either one past 1000hp if I need to. HP is a tool, not a goal. As it was, I turned it up too high last trip to Bville.