Brake upgrades

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
I bought Russell's braided lines I see it replaces the soft lines just in the 4 corners, has anyone has a braided line made for the soft line from the frame to the center of the rear axle that splits to each side?
I've put 2 of the Russell kits on and they both came with 5 hoses. Both were for classic body style tho.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Ok so I’m finally happy with my brakes. Just got the LML master cylinder on and I’m impressed. Much less pedal travel. The brake pedal is slightly harder, but I have much more confidence driving. Getting it to work is a pain in the ass but shouldn’t be bad now that I’ve figured it out.

Get an LML brake master cylinder. Find a metric double flare tool. Find 14mmx1.5 inverted flare to 6mm tube fittings. Drill out the fittings with a 17/64 drill bit. If your fittings aren’t threaded all the way to the top. Cut off the top and and use a drill bit to bevel the fitting. Cut only the flare off of the factory lines (make sure you cut it straight) remove factory fittings. Install new fittings, and flare the line. Install everything :thumb:

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
Ok so I’m finally happy with my brakes. Just got the LML master cylinder on and I’m impressed. Much less pedal travel. The brake pedal is slightly harder, but I have much more confidence driving. Getting it to work is a pain in the ass but shouldn’t be bad now that I’ve figured it out.

Get an LML brake master cylinder. Find a metric double flare tool. Find 14mmx1.5 inverted flare to 6mm tube fittings. Drill out the fittings with a 17/64 drill bit. If your fittings aren’t threaded all the way to the top. Cut off the top and and use a drill bit to bevel the fitting. Cut only the flare off of the factory lines (make sure you cut it straight) remove factory fittings. Install new fittings, and flare the line. Install everything :thumb:

where did you get the 14mmx1.5 inverted flare to 6mm tube fitting?do you know the thread size of your original master?

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
So LML hydro unit and LML master = better LMM brakes for low bucks? Cool! Thanks for coming back instead of letting the thread die! Always nice to see something like this have an ending instead of left hanging! :hug:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I have the everything here to make the master work, just haven’t found the time to mod the fittings, and re work lines to make it work. BTW thanks Anthony for the help awhile back on where to find the fittings.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So LML hydro unit and LML master = better LMM brakes for low bucks? Cool! Thanks for coming back instead of letting the thread die! Always nice to see something like this have an ending instead of left hanging! :hug:

This should work on 01-10 trucks not just LMM. I think I have less than $1000 into everything and the truck stops great. I’m considering SSBC’s calipers now.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I have the everything here to make the master work, just haven’t found the time to mod the fittings, and re work lines to make it work. BTW thanks Anthony for the help awhile back on where to find the fittings.

Yea no problem. I’m still trying to find fittings that don’t need to be modded, or maybe have some made.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
This should work on 01-10 trucks not just LMM. I think I have less than $1000 into everything and the truck stops great. I’m considering SSBC’s calipers now.
Which ones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Those look good, I was wondering how they would do on our trucks. What ever happened to their v8 calipers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I’ve considered those but it isn’t much more to get wilwoods at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
gmduramax I got the part # for the hydro boost 1780853 but I need the # for the master cylinder . I have an 05 3500 drw , if it matters , thanks for a great post on upgrade !