Alright guys let's talk some GOLF!!!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
You guys are puttin down some sweet scores:thumb:

I am a mid-high 80s golfer. I hit the ball a long ways off the tee and my irons are great... I two put too much to be a closer. So frustrating to hit every green in two and three put. There's my problem in a nutshell. I can pick lines for my putts all day long, it's the speed fluctuation in my stroke that sends my puts past or well short of the cup. I want to try a differently weighted putter to see if it helps.

My brother (4-5 handicap) keeps telling me "it's not the arrow, it's the Indian" :roflmao:

nailski

Nov 11, 2011
Nice to see some golfers on a diesel site! I play a Titleist 909D3, Sonartec GS tour 14, Titleist 910h 19, Taylor Made R9 B 4-9, Cleveland 588 tzg 49, 56, 60 and an original Clevaland TA milled putter from '99.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You guys are puttin down some sweet scores:thumb:

I am a mid-high 80s golfer. I hit the ball a long ways off the tee and my irons are great... I two put too much to be a closer. So frustrating to hit every green in two and three put. There's my problem in a nutshell. I can pick lines for my putts all day long, it's the speed fluctuation in my stroke that sends my puts past or well short of the cup. I want to try a differently weighted putter to see if it helps.

My brother (4-5 handicap) keeps telling me "it's not the arrow, it's the Indian" :roflmao:

Usually I would have to agree with your brother, I used to share your frustration/putting problem. No more:) after I got a new and modern, advanced technology putter, it's a Nike method concept, C1 design. Let me tell you, it works, it changed my game. I can putt with so much more confidence its ridiculous, one putts are commonplace now, whereas before it was an anomaly.

So what kind of putter do you use?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What's in my bag?

Taylor Made RBZ Stage 2 driver 9.5*
Taylor Made R7 TP 5 wood with an S300 steel shaft
Titleist 690 MB Irons (blades) 2* up
Titleist Vokey Wedges 52*, 56* and 60*
Taylor Made Mallet Putter 34inches

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
My bag....cleaned my clubs today
The big bomber(R11) and the great white shark(RBZ tour 3) ADAMS laser guided pro black hybrids and CB1 pro black irons
picture.php

Perfectly balanced wedges
picture.php

Magic putter
picture.php

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I spent about 2hrs on a launch monitor today, and I think I found my new set of irons, as much as I love my CB1's.

After hitting just about everything available, titleist ap1 and ap2, RBZ, Adams, mizuno jpx 825 pro, mp53 and 64, ping g20 and anser....to name a few

I hit Calloway X HOT PRO's, wow, what a club. Players club looks, game improvement club forgiveness, capable of shaping a shot, nice high launch, and a super hot face, big time distance. I was cranking the 4 iron 228-233 and the 5 212-220:cool2: the 7 was getting out there about 168, but I only hit it a few times, I didn't want to let go of the 4&5:) I have never hit a 4 iron like that, hopefully I can pick a set up and try them on the course a few times, soon...;)

Anyone looking for a set of clubs owes it to themselves to try the Calloway X HOT PRO.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
What's in my bag?

Taylor Made RBZ Stage 2 driver 9.5*
Taylor Made R7 TP 5 wood with an S300 steel shaft
Titleist 690 MB Irons (blades) 2* up
Titleist Vokey Wedges 52*, 56* and 60*
Taylor Made Mallet Putter 34inches

Man, you must have a beautiful swing, to hit blades, I can't pull it off, 4,3 & 2 irons in a true blade give me hell

Nice set :thumb:

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Played hop scotch for about 12 holes last Saturday. Was an absolute monster off the tee with the driver. Didn't really keep score. I was more working on ball striking and it seemed to work pretty well for me feeling out my distance with the new irons. Playing in a best ball scramble on Saturday so hopefully it goes good. Finally starting to feel more comfortable with the r11s so hopefully I can pound out some good drives on Saturday.

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Scramble went well considering the wind was blowing a steady 10mph all day with some 15-20mph gusts. Smashed a few good drives and was a surgeon with the irons out to about 175. Putting was a little left to be desired but not bad. Had some good rolls and sunk one about 20 footer. Anyone else play today?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I wish....worked on a side job and I'm beat... I usually play Sundays but we didn't finish the side job so needless to say we're coming back tomorrow.:mad:

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Played another scramble on Saturday and came in 2nd with -13 under 59. Had a good crew swinging that day. I blasted a couple drives and made some crucial iron shots. Had a blast and am enjoying playing a bit more now that I'm getting better.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Irons & chipping are money this year. Putting...not so much. I can't stand being on in 2 then 3 putting from 12'. :mad: Oh well, maybe I'll break 80s this year if I can dial in my Ping.

solored

May 27, 2012
love it, so far so good... not the best but shot 2 rounds of 81's (witch are my best to date)

Hoping to break 80 this year!!!

Seem to have the driver dialed in so far this year, working on iron play, but really trying to find a good routine/practice for 100yards in, used to be decent, but this year seems to have taken a nose dive.

Im rocking for equip. Titliest 910D driver/Titliest AP2 710s, Ediolon weges, Scott Cameron Newport Button Back putter

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Man oh man talk about a pointless game. :roflmao:

I do not follow any sports but let me just say this. In baseball you hit the ball and another guy runs after it and brings it back for you. Sometimes if you hit it well enough you get to do a victory lap.

In golf you are constantly not happy enough with how far you hit the ball and keep hitting it and chasing it and hitting it and chasing it.

Just not my thing :angel::joker:

^^^ this is my opinion as well..... The only thing I have to add to this thread is that if (while drunk of course) you pull out a pool Q from your golf bag and lie down on the green to line up you "putt" after playing polo using the golf cart as your horse you will be ejected from the country club..... Not that I would know from experience or anything, this is all purely a theory :secret:.....

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thought you fellow Golf lovers would like this. I made this senior year in HS. Been sitting in my closet all this time, never hung on a wall. The wife got after me this weekend to hang the damn thing. I have played most every course represented with a logo ball in the case. There is also a ball in there signed by Jack!
null_zps42bd5335.jpg

null_zps75f3c8a7.jpg

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I'm lovin me some golf. I just picked up a new set of Adam's Golf A12 OS irons/hybrids and a TM Burner 2 driver. I have been playing for quite a few years but just got serious about 2 months ago. I dont know what it was that finally got me into it.

My dad and I have been playing at Quintero Golf Course. It use to be private only but now is open to the public. He recently became a member and is building a new house on the course. The day I can play that course "even" I will be very happy!

If you are in the Phoenix area and want to play a challenging course look it up.

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Played at World tour golf links in myrtle beach about a week ago on vacation and it was absolutely awesome! They treat you like royalty from beginning to end. They had just aerated the greens and they were bumpy but it was awesome to play some model holes of some other pga courses. amen corner at augusta was pretty cool. On 12 which is the par 3for amen corner fetures hogans bridge I layed one about 15' pin high. It was pretty awesome and then I played like shit the rest of the time but it was still fun. If any of you guys are ever in myrtle beach and want to play some golf go check it out. I made my tee time thru golfnow.com