Alright guys let's talk some GOLF!!!

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Well done coco puff! Can't believe we all now know what you look like.

BigDmax05 I'm with ya man, it's too flippin cold. I am without a doubt a fair weather golfer. The links will be sittin for a while most likely

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
alright time to bump this thread up! I have been out a few times already. Got a new set of TM burner 2.0 irons. They are +1" and 3* upright from standard lie. They are taking some getting used to. I think once I get them figured and knock the rust off my swing Ill be down a couple strokes. Been pretty wet around here so my first couple outs were walking 9 and I definately need a new pair of spikes. Who else is swinging?

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I've been playing alright! Doing better too. Was actually thinking about this thread while playing and I meant to take some pics but left the dang iPhone in the truck.

Careful on that real wet ground... Was listening to the Jim Rome show a few weeks ago and he interviewed the guy from Missouri that fell into a 20' sink hole while out on the course!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I just picked up a new Taylor Made RBZ stage 2 driver... Added just about 20 yards off the tee and it allows me to draw and cut the ball much easier compared to my old cut down R7 TP

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I just picked up a new Taylor Made RBZ stage 2 driver... Added just about 20 yards off the tee and it allows me to draw and cut the ball much easier compared to my old cut down R7 TP

Is that the one with the white and orange color combo that you can change the loft? My twin brother just bought one and he loves it. My dad plays an R7, sweet driver as well. The R7 might have a bit too much loft for me.

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
The R1 is the white/orange color combo. I have the R11s which is last years model. The RBZ or Rocketballz replaced the burner series. The RocketBallz original driver from last year is a bad dude. My bro in law had one last year that we hit on for a couple rounds and it was plush. I havnt hit the new Rocketballz driver yet but would like to. I also would like to hit the new titleist 913, new cobra, and the new R1.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
The R1 is the white/orange color combo. I have the R11s which is last years model. The RBZ or Rocketballz replaced the burner series. The RocketBallz original driver from last year is a bad dude. My bro in law had one last year that we hit on for a couple rounds and it was plush. I havnt hit the new Rocketballz driver yet but would like to. I also would like to hit the new titleist 913, new cobra, and the new R1.

Have you hit the new Callaway driver? I played with my dentist last Saturday and he had one. That dang thing sounded so sweet every time he hit it. I really need to go to a golf shop and get a new driver and putter.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Made it out twice so far this year. First time out I carded a little 70 for the season opener. Next time I played in a scramble with my wife a friend & my 9 year old boy who took 3rd last year on the Wyoming Jr. Golf tour. We got 2nd place lost by 1/10 of a stroke handicap wise. I am hitting Ping s56 irons & Titleist wedges, putter & Callaway Razorfit driver, Callaway 5wood. The boy hits Ping irons. His name is Karsten. I named him after the founder of Ping Golf Clubs Karsten Solheim. Anyway enough about us how about the rest of you?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I have played several times this year already, a couple 9 hole rounds and one 18. Haven't been able to break par yet, but still close, I am actually going out tomorrow, hopefully I can play a scratch round, we'll see....

As for clubs, I play Adams cb1 irons 4-gap, Adams puguelli wedges, Adams pro black 18° & 20° hybrids a Taylor Made tour 3w(14.5°) and a r11 tp driver in standard lie its a 10.5° but I have it set at 9.5° and a 1° open face, oh and a Nike method concept putter, love that putter.

I love my clubs, but the downside to a "players" type club set is that you constantly have to play them:eek: not even range time will kelp them hot on the course, at least around here cuz its so damn wet all the time ( pacific northwest) the clubs have little bounce and favor desert courses and tight lies, I'm thinking of switching it up this year for local play, maybe some ping g20 white dot, maybe some mizuno jpx pro, I'm not sure yet? but when I go out of state to warmer climates and firm ground, I have found very few equals to the set I have.

reddogg121212

Mar 8, 2013
Any of u guys in Indiana? Would be sweet if we could get a foursome together somewhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ok , so I finally broke par this year:cool:

Played 18 today and shot +1 on the front , then lit it up on the back nine with a -3 ( three birds and 6 par's) i actually had two birds on the front but the bogey and double bogey had me finish the round -2:woott:

I was beginning to get worried after the front, the first hole i double bogeyed and the fact I had not shot par in any set of nine holes this year was starting to eat at my confidence, cuz for the last season or so i have been a scratch golfer with the occasional under par round, the only full round i had played this spring I ended up+8:baby: but my irons got hot today and I had a chip in, was hitting most everything in regulation, and most my approach shots were with in 8-10 feet followed by many 1 putt's and a long birdie that dropped from about 25 feet, that happened on the front, hole 8, then just took off from there and had a really solid round there on out.

So hopefully the season just keeps getting better. Consistency is king.:thumb: I just have to keep getting out as much as possible, being able to adapt my swing/ how I strike the ball for turf conditions is really helpful, something just clicked today and I hope I can hang on to it, I realized when the ground is wet and soft I can not pinch the ball off the turf like I like to, instead I have to sweep the turf with the bounce of my club more, take a more shallow swing plane, whereas on firm ground and on practice mats at the range I can take a steeper swing plane and compress the ball and pinch it off the turf. Not only did i have to alter how the club face came into the ball but i had to adjust my whole swing to do so.As we all know, practice makes you a better player, and varying conditions, while frustrating, will broaden your shot making skills, even though it may take a while to figure it out.

Thanks/sorry for reading my novel, I am just really stoked and wanted to share:hello: as I am getting better, I am loosing golf buddies:( most the guys just use it as an excuse to drink, i actually am striving to get better, and play pretty seriously, so you guys get my excitement...:hug:

BigDMax05

Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
Ok , so I finally broke par this year:cool:

Played 18 today and shot +1 on the front , then lit it up on the back nine with a -3 ( three birds and 6 par's) i actually had two birds on the front but the bogey and double bogey had me finish the round -2:woott:

I was beginning to get worried after the front, the first hole i double bogeyed and the fact I had not shot par in any set of nine holes this year was starting to eat at my confidence, cuz for the last season or so i have been a scratch golfer with the occasional under par round, the only full round i had played this spring I ended up+8:baby: but my irons got hot today and I had a chip in, was hitting most everything in regulation, and most my approach shots were with in 8-10 feet followed by many 1 putt's and a long birdie that dropped from about 25 feet, that happened on the front, hole 8, then just took off from there and had a really solid round there on out.

So hopefully the season just keeps getting better. Consistency is king.:thumb: I just have to keep getting out as much as possible, being able to adapt my swing/ how I strike the ball for turf conditions is really helpful, something just clicked today and I hope I can hang on to it, I realized when the ground is wet and soft I can not pinch the ball off the turf like I like to, instead I have to sweep the turf with the bounce of my club more, take a more shallow swing plane, whereas on firm ground and on practice mats at the range I can take a steeper swing plane and compress the ball and pinch it off the turf. Not only did i have to alter how the club face came into the ball but i had to adjust my whole swing to do so.As we all know, practice makes you a better player, and varying conditions, while frustrating, will broaden your shot making skills, even though it may take a while to figure it out.

Thanks/sorry for reading my novel, I am just really stoked and wanted to share:hello: as I am getting better, I am loosing golf buddies:( most the guys just use it as an excuse to drink, i actually am striving to get better, and play pretty seriously, so you guys get my excitement...:hug:

:thumb: I'd be happy to just par 9 holes! My usual 18 is in the 80's

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Leaving Sunday morning for Palm Springs, CA... I'll play 18 on Sunday, 27-36 on Monday and 18 on Tuesday. I'll be happy with mid 70's