Allison lockup/unlock controller!!!! (NOW SHIPPING!)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Guys Im really sorry there have not been updates on this.

Im having some trouble making the UNLOCK portion of the 6-speed setup work properly.

The LOCKUP function on the 5-speed and 6-speed works perfectly, no limp/codes.
The UNLOCK function on the 5-speed works perfectly, no limp/codes.

My truck broke a crankshaft and has been down so Ive been distracted in fixing that so I got a little behind on finishing up these circuit boards.

I do however have the "finalized" prototype ready and will probably start shipping the 5-speed boards first, seeing as those are 100% working fine...and then soon after I will rework the 6-speed boards so the unlock portion works properly.

ben

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 123

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
So Ben what are the chances of you coming out with a production run of your tapshifter for us 5sp guys with the lock and unlock box built in with it:angel:
Kris

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
the final revision boards should be here thursday. The latest board design integrates EVERYTHING on one PCB. No daughterboards or ghetto wiring splices connecting components together, nothing to come apart or loosen up over time. :cool:

End of this week I should be able to have a couple done. I made a last minute change to the power MOSFET that im using as a PWM driver and I just want to double check its operation is up to par.

pricing should be somewhere in the low 400's, with a lifetime warranty. Also, down the road if/when I modify the boxes to accept a boost or TPS input I WILL offer an upgrade package. IE, if you buy one of these boxes, and I come out with an update, just send it back and for a couple bucks I can easily add extra features like boost referencing, etc...

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Im really sorry guys...these were pretty much supposed to be done this weekend but when I got the circuit boards back I realized I made a tiny boo-boo when I drew up the schematic in CAD...so in turn the boards have a mis-connected trace on them. :mad: :banghead:

I might be able to fix it, but worst case scenario Ill have more boards made and they should arrive by this wednesday/thursday.

Here is basically what they look like, except they will be in a little box of course. Everything is integrated onto one PCB, there are no daughterboards or wires connecting things together...so it will be very robust.

ben

Attachments

• picture 015 (Large).jpg
    picture 015 (Large).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 111
  • picture 018 (Large).jpg
    picture 018 (Large).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 93

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
OK!!! Got the new parts in, and redesigned my boards... "we fixed...THE glitch..."

I am sending the first couple out to Mike either today or tomorrow, and then I can start taking actual orders.

I tested the newest controller on my truck last night and it works perfectly. My original version would sometimes throw a G-solenoid code on LLY trucks, but my newest version throws NO codes at all and locks/unlocks perfectly on-demand.

But wait ben...doesnt your truck have a broken crankshaft? Yep!! That didnt stop me from putting it up on the lift and "driving" it around to test my lockup controller. The knocking was loud enough in the shop that I had to wear earplugs while I tested the controller. The dmax gods must hate me. :D

Last edited:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Ben, you are a true hobbiest. So......how many miles did you make it and what's the max rpm you can make with a broken crank? :rofl: Thanks:thumb:

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
When you say "auto", like one that can lock based on boost or something??

Im going to try to look into that in the future, but at this point I havent done any work/testing on something like that. If/when I do come out with that upgrade Ill offer it as a cheap upgrade option. For example if you buy my lockup controller now and then in a month I come out with an updated version that includes boost referencing etc you will be able to upgrade your existing lockup controller for cheap, like 25 bucks or something.

Im shooting for somewhere roughly around $400 for this switch, roughly.

Ben

What the hell.. A couple switches and a box, a few diodes, a FET, a micro, OMG that could totally be built for like 35 dollars... :hello:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
A couple switches and a box, a few diodes, a FET, a micro, OMG that could totally be built for like 35 dollars...

Having a lockup controller that actually works and performs as advertised? Priceless. :joker:

There are some things money cant buy, for everyone else who wants a widget that locks/unlocks the converter on-command, theres the BT DieselWorks Allison lockup controller.

Ben

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
OK!!! Got the new parts in, and redesigned my boards... "we fixed...THE glitch..."

I am sending the first couple out to Mike either today or tomorrow, and then I can start taking actual orders.

I tested the newest controller on my truck last night and it works perfectly. My original version would sometimes throw a G-solenoid code on LLY trucks, but my newest version throws NO codes at all and locks/unlocks perfectly on-demand.

But wait ben...doesnt your truck have a broken crankshaft? Yep!! That didnt stop me from putting it up on the lift and "driving" it around to test my lockup controller. The knocking was loud enough in the shop that I had to wear earplugs while I tested the controller. The dmax gods must hate me. :D

ben, dont go chewing up that front cover on me, lol.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Just throwing it right back at you... Come on you can't rag on me for 5 years and then not take some of your own medicine :thumb:

Brayden did you notice I put the :joker: smiley in there, I chuckled a bit when I read your response.

Remember, I have full moderating priveleges here in my vendor section...if I "couldnt take some of my own medicine" and truely got offended by your post I would have just deleted it or edited it....dont you think?? ;)

ben

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ok guys. The 5-speed lockup controllers are DONE AND READY TO SHIP! :D

I have 10 of them done and ready to go right now. I should have more done by early next week. There is a small module that you mount under the dash, and then a small remote control that you can either hold in your hand or mount on the dash. Easy install, only 4 wires plus a ground wire.

This will do force lockup on command (perfect for drag racers) and force unlock on command (perfect for sled pullers) with no limps and no codes. There is a status LED on the remote control too so you know which mode you are in. (factory/auto, manual LOCK, and manual UNLOCK)

Retail pricing is set at $399.00 plus shipping. Guaranteed to work and comes with a lifetime warranty! :cool:

If you dont want the hand-held/dash mount remote control and want to direct-mount the buttons and LED (custom mount), let me know. This "custom install" kit will be less expensive. Basically the "custom install" kit will come with the same under-dash control module with a wire coming out of it, and it will come with the push-buttons and the status LED. With the "custom install" kit it would be up to you to drill the holes in your dash to mount the buttons and LED, and make the wiring connections for the buttons and LED.

The retail price for the "custom install" kit is $379.00, but it does not come with a warranty.

Not to be a stickler, but I cant warranty the "custom install" kits because I dont want to be responsible for any crossed wires or loose connections that the installer might make in hooking up the buttons or LED. ;)

PM me if you want to order one.

thanks
Ben

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ben you can garuntee it will lock the converter when?

My fleece box is not much different than stock at certain times

what is the highest hp truck you've tried this in and who's converter?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
They do work...

Brayden your box works great in certain situations but I have logs that show it ain't locking to half way thru fith gear ..... Honestly glad u and by diesel works. Are trying this stuff but I have no faith in u or Ben in high hp launches
the alli tcm freaks out so bad that it simply will not lock in anything less then high 4 th gear. Jmo as iv