2wd is tuff

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I dont post much but after going to the track sat I figured I would share some info, prob wont help many people but I will try. The truck is a crew cab with m and h nostalgia slicks, 215/85/16 on the front. Made some passes, eigth mile, 60 was in the 1.80's soft launch, 1.70's hard launch. Set the rancho's all the way up in the back, 3 on the front. No I dont have qa1's and wont, I have to pull loads still. I tried my cal tracs with 1 turn of preload, ass end was raising up on the line. Tried a gap and got wheel hop. Set the bars to where they just touch the springs and it felt clean. Psi was 17-18#, no tubes or rim screws. One pass I pushed the brakes around 20# boost but it hooked hard. That pass is on josh harris you tube page under my name , matt. Its a soso vid from sat afternoon. I had one more pass , left a hair under 15# , 1.78 60, 7.63 et, 92.67 mph. Have the video and need to post it. The redlight pass wad faster but the slip is jacked due to pushing the brakes. Think the truck def has a 7.50 if not more, track was a little slick. Josh had higher than normal 60 ft times so with a better prepped track maybe a 1.70-1.72 is possible for me. I still have a few clicks left on the front shocks. Josh said the front end came up, and the tires didnt unload which is a good thing. Getting ready for ennis in april. Hope I can help the very limited 2wd rigs out there.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
Sounds like you got it dialed in pretty good. My buddie will be running his 2wd crew cab.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
How much does it weigh? Any way you can transfer more of the weight to the rear? Why set the rear so stiff on shocks if you have Caltracs? I would think you would want some squat/transfer to the back.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Trucks fully loaded, prob to heavy. In 2wd you dont want the back to squat, you want the front to come up though. I know dan at ppe old 2wd truck has ranchos on the back turned up high. However I thought the same thing about the back squating until I surfed yellow bullet for a while and talked to a few people about it. I removed my 5th wheel hitch and had less than a 1/4 tank and she hit better than a full tank with the hitch on a slicker track.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
You would certainly go a lot! Faster :D

Why so? My 2wd cuts low 1.6 60fts (shooting for 1.4x now) and weighs nearly 1k less lbs than a 4wd :)

Just put it back into the shop this week... Waiting for the motor to come back from SoCal and the new charger setup from HSP... It will be in Ennis as well.

2wd for the win! Keep it up man!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You also have a regular cab which is what 800 lbs lighter? A RC/LB is a totally different animal you should know that