2wd is tuff

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
2wd is useless on the street even at highway speeds in a built truck that's making good power. Judging by your sig you should know that :)

I wouldn't say useless, just because I can do 100mph rolling burn outs doesn't mean I can't also get the most out of it when I need to. Plus I'm planning on a wheel tire upgrade that'll really help out.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I wouldn't say useless, just because I can do 100mph rolling burn outs doesn't mean I can't also get the most out of it when I need to. Plus I'm planning on a wheel tire upgrade that'll really help out.

Mind sharing the tire upgrade?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Mind sharing the tire upgrade?

Matt, I'm thinking about squeezing in some Hoosier Pro Street 31x16.50R-16LT. I know I can get all of the tread under the fenderwell but I'm going to have to have some wheels made with the perfect back spacing. I'm also considering a Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial P315/60R15, I haven't decided witch way I want to go yet.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Putting in my build motor with a S475 single. The rear axle has Caltracs, a Grizzly locker with axles. I'll be running 33x15.5xr16 M&H street slicks. It should be a fun street toy.

I actually looked at those, but I wasn't sure if they would really be safe to run on the street beyond really short trips. What wheels are you going to run ?

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
I actually looked at those, but I wasn't sure if they would really be safe to run on the street beyond really short trips. What wheels are you going to run ?

Yeah I'm not going to put thousands of miles on them but plan on street driving them. But I will be getting another set of rear wheels and tires just in case I plan on making a trip down to my buddies in IL for a little drag racing fun.

I believe they are Mickey Thompson wheels but I haven't ordered them yet.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Yeah I'm not going to put thousands of miles on them but plan on street driving them. But I will be getting another set of rear wheels and tires just in case I plan on making a trip down to my buddies in IL for a little drag racing fun.

I believe they are Mickey Thompson wheels but I haven't ordered them yet.

Ya,I'm going to do the same. I've looked at every wheel I could possibly find and they all have too little back spacing,unless you want the tires to stick 3"-4" out from the fenderwell. It's fine for the track,but it looks retarded on the street IMO.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I can tell you all that 30x14 cheaters suck ass on the street handling wise. Way too much roll/sway for me. I had them on 16x10's. Uoubguys being 2wd might not be ass bad but keep in mind they are rated for like 1,400 a tire.

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa

Can you explain more? I am trying to figure out what tires to use on my 2wd c10 so I can start my suspension planning and I was wanting to use a 15(13.5 tread) inch wide street tire for some traction and looks, but I do plan on drive it in the summer...

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Can you explain more? I am trying to figure out what tires to use on my 2wd c10 so I can start my suspension planning and I was wanting to use a 15(13.5 tread) inch wide street tire for some traction and looks, but I do plan on drive it in the summer...

Sure, those M&H are nice tired but they're really meant to get you to the track and back. The reason I'm looking at the Hoosier Pro Streets is because I can drive on the freeway for an hour without having to worry about my tires blowing up. I nice Mickey Thompson also has a decent option in the ET Street Radial tires and those do hook pretty well.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
No but I ran m and h 275's. They are dot legal rated for 12 or 1400# cant remember. There small though.