2017 Duramax

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I've got some in-laws that for some reason thought it would be a good idea to get a loaded Yukon XL and they thought since they could "afford" it since they could make the payment on a 10 year note :truestory:

I just can't see giving damn near what I gave for my house.

I mean for some people it's not that big of a deal but they also have the income to back it up but a good portion of the people that are going to be out buying all these loaded vehicles probably shouldn't be. But you know, YOLO, do it for the gram and all that other BS

My in laws bought a new Tahoe for around $68k and 2 months later mother in law tore the whole front end off of it. Just cause I can afford something doesn't mean I have to have it :)

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
:thumb:

Should I get a truck with my hard earned money or give it to the government instread?

Another construction company around here that does pipe/sanitary gives their foremen a sum of money for a work truck and they all have new Black Denali's lol

I also know farmers that buy a new loaded truck every year or two and completely destroy it then sell it cheap.

Every farmer I know always has a new truck. Same mentality, give the money to the government or buy something. They also have a farm with new tractors etc. My brother was the same way when he was raising tobacco.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I guess I ruffled some feathers....my whole point is some of you come across with the mentality that these trucks aren't worth what they are getting for them. I think they are, for one if you pay sticker price you need to check elsewhere most dealers around here are 10k under at least. I own older Duramaxs and have been around them as they progressed and I garrerntee a lb7 lly will not even come close to out performing a Lml (stock for stock) not even close. So to me that's worth the extra money. And as far as being close to the price of a house? Apparently there hasn't been inflation in your area! 70k don't buy much of a house.

They probably where referring to a house payment. Payments will be more than most people's house payments. Even to get a semi reasonable truck payment you have to put half or better down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Has anyone seen any TV commercials for the new Duramax yet? Ford commercials keep boasting about best in class everything, WTF is GM waiting for?:mad:

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
GM marketing sucks. They hardly ever market their HD trucks, or even make commercials that a worth a damn.

But, have you seen their steel bed floors hold up to bricks?? Or a toolbox??

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
The only thing I see GM commercials for are their little cars like the Cruze. They must have resigned themselves to whatever market share they already have. Ford boasted about best in class HP on their commercial last night being 440 but that's a lie because the L5P has 445.

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Ford will keep running those ads all the way to the bank, cause they know gm won't do anything about it. I doubt that fords torque numbers are SAE legitimate anyways, How could gms hp be more with less torque? I guess Its all about who gets there first and gm waited to long again....

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
I think GM just lets the trucks do the talking. How many years has GM out performed the other 2 with lower ratings? It's pretty smart I think, save money in advertising for trucks, increase advertising for small cars, and taking more of a market share of the small cars. Besides, Those Ford boys will anything they put on the lots. Just my 2 cents

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
They always do the YouTube ads every year of the head to head trials and that's honestly all I've ever seen. I personally liked the frame flex test when the dodge tailgate would open and the ford tailgate bent in the middle!

BTW I was a mechanic for the US ARMY for 3 years and I have never seen "military grade aluminum" must be some Area 51 s--t because the only aluminum you'll find on ANY wheeled vehicle within the military is like warning panels and some signal grenades which are built to implode....anyone heard the US has the lowest bidder build their stuff?...it's still done that way.

"Ford F series military built by lowest bidder aluminum!! Come get em before we all get Alzheimer's and forget what's truth and what isn't"

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
BTW I was a mechanic for the US ARMY for 3 years and I have never seen "military grade aluminum" must be some Area 51 s--t because the only aluminum you'll find on ANY wheeled vehicle within the military is like warning panels and some signal grenades which are built to implode....anyone heard the US has the lowest bidder build their stuff?...it's still done that way.
Not that I disagree with you about how stupid it is of them to tout the "military grade aluminum" on their commercials, the HMMWV body is aluminum.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Not that I disagree with you about how stupid it is of them to tout the "military grade aluminum" on their commercials, the HMMWV body is aluminum.

e954adf0bed7d280b16b0e91c55a77c1.jpg

Under 6,000lbs of not aluminum you can find aluminum somewhere I guess. Never had to remove all the armor or foam panels off one. My fault...the aluminum is to improve flex capabilities according to AM General. I guess ford seen that YouTube ad

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
e954adf0bed7d280b16b0e91c55a77c1.jpg

Under 6,000lbs of not aluminum you can find aluminum somewhere I guess. Never had to remove all the armor or foam panels off one. My fault...the aluminum is to improve flex capabilities according to AM General. I guess ford seen that YouTube ad

The entire body tub is made of aluminum. I'm sorry if that offended you. Obviously the frame is not made of aluminum nor is the armor in an up-armored variant.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
an excerpt from here: http://www.military.com/equipment/high-mobility-multipurpose-wheeled-vehicle-hmmwv

"The HMMWV is constructed on a steel frame with boxed frame rails and five cross members constructed from high-grade alloy steel. Once the substructure is assembled, E-coating is applied to provide additional corrosion protection.

The aluminum body reduces weight and provides resistance to corrosion. Aluminum body panels are riveted and bonded together with technologically-advanced adhesives to provide additional strength. The body is designed to flex to accommodate off-road stresses."

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've heard thru the grapevine there is uncertainty as to the final packaging of the power plant. I.E. They may do a last minute change up of the induction system. But who the hell knows at this point...:confused: