2017 Duramax

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Federal law clearly states any rv is exempt from having a cdl. The recreational vehicle lobbyist have made this happen as they know most retirees that have the money to buy a 1/4 million dollar coach won't if they have to go through the hassle of getting a cdl and all that goes along with it. You can jump behind the wheel of a full size semi, and latch onto your 30K lb fifth wheel with double dually axles, and so long as you're not over length, theres nothing they can do about it.

Except here in Cali. Anything over 40' (65' max) is non commercial class A/B. Even a law that states if towing more than one vehicle on a trailer, length does not matter.., you must have a non commercial. Non commercial there is no class time or haz mat like commercial, I just had to do a written for the permit, then a behind the wheel with DMV agent. Although 99.9% of people towing over 40' don't follow the state laws.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Except here in Cali. Anything over 40' (65' max) is non commercial class A/B. Even a law that states if towing more than one vehicle on a trailer, length does not matter.., you must have a non commercial. Non commercial there is no class time or haz mat like commercial, I just had to do a written for the permit, then a behind the wheel with DMV agent. Although 99.9% of people towing over 40' don't follow the state laws.

most guys that go to the dunes do. CHP and Imperial county sherrifs will check for that crap and will pull you over for the dumbest reasons. Nother reason i hate holiday weekends down there. Glamis gets hit the hardest with LEO's. i have not had the pleasure of dealing with them personally but i know of plenty of friends that have and many guys stating the same on the glamis forum

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
MA requires every dually to be registered commercial. Even if you never hook it to a trailer and bough it solely for personal use, it has to be registered commercial. I think that is how they are able to grab guys running heavy in the pickup trucks.

Never knew that part but it makes sense. Most dually are used for business, rarely any around here are used for personal. At least with a commercial plate, you get free parking spots in Boston that is held for commercial vehicles.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
How long does a build usually take GM once they start? Just got my build date of 1/9/17 today, and see there was one delivered to a dealer in Iowa yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_1570.JPG
    IMG_1570.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 134

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I think am going to try to check that thing out:baby:.

Go see Brian DeGraffenreid and tell him you want to drive it. Tell him AJ sent you, and if you buy it you want a case of beer thrown in. He'll understand.......lol

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
What did Ford do to to keep temps down? I'm really curious to see what a stock fuel and air truck can put out on a max effort tune

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Does anyone know what the new emissions of L5Ps after treatment architecture is? Does it still have a ninth injector at the DOC/DPF, or is it now all def fluid treated? I know it now has two DOC systems (diesel oxidation catalyst) one after the turbo and one in combo with the DPF at the rear of the system, so is a ninth injector still needed? The def tank is now 7.5 gallon, so will it still have the same stupid limp mode system, slow, slower and walk?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Does anyone know what the new emissions of L5Ps after treatment architecture is? Does it still have a ninth injector at the DOC/DPF, or is it now all def fluid treated? I know it now has two DOC systems (diesel oxidation catalyst) one after the turbo and one in combo with the DPF at the rear of the system, so is a ninth injector still needed? The def tank is now 7.5 gallon, so will it still have the same stupid limp mode system, slow, slower and walk?

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Duramax Tuner has one and already had it on the dyno.

403hp and 879 ft-lbs with ~70 miles on it I believe.

Last edited: