2017 Duramax

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
How far out of line is this said price? Are the workers building them free? Are the massive testing facilities free? Are the manufacturers processes easy and cheap? When I want something expensive I work hard and long for is and it feels good to get it. I'll pay 60-70k all day long for these trucks. I have used trucks also but if you buy a 100k mile truck for 20k less guess what your gonna repair it constantly! Trust me

Nobody said you or anyone else can't go buy a new truck. By all means get a pair of em if you want. I can't see paying $70K+ for a vehicle of any sort but that's just me. As soon as you drive it off the lot you will never get your money back. I have a 2003 Duramax that's paid for and has 155K miles on it and yeah it may need a little work here and there but guess what, when your $70K+ truck gets to be 14 years old it will need work too! If I had $70K+ dollars to invest in anything it would be land. They don't make it anymore.

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
Nobody said you or anyone else can't go buy a new truck. By all means get a pair of em if you want. I can't see paying $70K+ for a vehicle of any sort but that's just me. As soon as you drive it off the lot you will never get your money back. I have a 2003 Duramax that's paid for and has 155K miles on it and yeah it may need a little work here and there but guess what, when your $70K+ truck gets to be 14 years old it will need work too! If I had $70K+ dollars to invest in anything it would be land. They don't make it anymore.

Completely agree with this. Especially the last part. I'd bet you don't have $70k tied up in that 03 even with said repairs done either.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I'll pay 60-70k all day long for these trucks. I have used trucks also but if you buy a 100k mile truck for 20k less guess what your gonna repair it constantly! Trust me

Good for you! You got some nerve given somebody a hard time about not wanting to buy a new truck. I'll put my 180k LBZ against your new truck any day of the week. I'm only out 2 wheel bearings in 10 years and it has only left me on the side of the road when I smoked the trans. Some of our fleet trucks we've had to delete to make them half as dependable as my LBZ has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtymax36

2nd place is last
Apr 11, 2013
Couldnt agree more with this. I wouldnt own one of those new ones, plain and simple dont like them. Are they good looking trucks? well hell yes, at a pricetag of 70k they should be the best looking out there. I have no urge to buy a newer model compared to my LLY.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'd like the updated interior and thats about all Id want in my LBZ which for price I'm sure I could find someone to make me a custom interior. But I agree the price is ludicrous. Technology had advanced yes but when did trucks become the price of small houses. At the rate the prices climb they are going to have to start offering 10 year loans. I couldn't imagine the payment on a fully optioned 2017...I'd probably die

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
I'd like the updated interior and thats about all Id want in my LBZ which for price I'm sure I could find someone to make me a custom interior. But I agree the price is ludicrous. Technology had advanced yes but when did trucks become the price of small houses. At the rate the prices climb they are going to have to start offering 10 year loans. I couldn't imagine the payment on a fully optioned 2017...I'd probably die

They already do offer 10 year loans :eek:

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
You guys know that not every truck on the lot is $70K right?? Sure there are $70K rigs for the guys that drive to the office and think that their truck makes them more of a man, and that the whole world thinks they're cool because they have a diesel truck. But for the guys that use their trucks and work them like they should be, there are diesels for low to mid $50s and even less if you can get by with a two wheeler.

I wont pay $70K for a new truck either, but I'll be getting a new Duramax.

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
No way in the world could I go for a 10 year loan on a truck.:rolleyes:

I've got some in-laws that for some reason thought it would be a good idea to get a loaded Yukon XL and they thought since they could "afford" it since they could make the payment on a 10 year note :truestory:

I just can't see giving damn near what I gave for my house.

I mean for some people it's not that big of a deal but they also have the income to back it up but a good portion of the people that are going to be out buying all these loaded vehicles probably shouldn't be. But you know, YOLO, do it for the gram and all that other BS

Last edited:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Trucks are big tax write offs and many people pay the extra for a warranty.

I know around here the 2016s are selling for cheap.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Trucks are big tax write offs and many people pay the extra for a warranty.

:thumb:

Should I get a truck with my hard earned money or give it to the government instread?

Another construction company around here that does pipe/sanitary gives their foremen a sum of money for a work truck and they all have new Black Denali's lol

I also know farmers that buy a new loaded truck every year or two and completely destroy it then sell it cheap.

jd4230

Jan 7, 2013
Yea, around here it's the farmers who are there mid 50's and older buying the new trucks because they have the money. I'm still in the middle of buying all of my dads equipment from him, so I'll have to stick with my LBZ!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
I guess I ruffled some feathers....my whole point is some of you come across with the mentality that these trucks aren't worth what they are getting for them. I think they are, for one if you pay sticker price you need to check elsewhere most dealers around here are 10k under at least. I own older Duramaxs and have been around them as they progressed and I garrerntee a lb7 lly will not even come close to out performing a Lml (stock for stock) not even close. So to me that's worth the extra money. And as far as being close to the price of a house? Apparently there hasn't been inflation in your area! 70k don't buy much of a house.

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
No way in the world could I go for a 10 year loan on a truck.:rolleyes:

I agree... if a person can't comfortably finance a vehicle for 60 months they belong in a used one. This is why half of the people are upside down on there loans

Last edited: