2017 Duramax

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Anyone else think the light truck market will turn into the class 8 market where horsepower numbers will hold around the same and the TQ number will go up? I've noticed this in tractors as well.

Not upset about those numbers if its true. GM in true fashion probably under rated them as well.

I'm over having a loud "fast" truck. These trucks have become more and more of a mobile office and I enjoy the quiet. Between that and all the idiot young kids running around with early 2000s diesels blowing smoke everywhere constantly

Can't believe I'm saying this :rofl:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I'm over having a loud "fast" truck. These trucks have become more and more of a mobile office and I enjoy the quiet. Between that and all the idiot young kids running around with early 2000s diesels blowing smoke everywhere constantly

I honestly brag about how big and quiet my 51" Donaldson muffler is. Lol. I'm actually thinking I might throw a 20" mbrp muffler I have on my frontpipe too.

I wish I had the coin for a new one, but it won't be in the cards for me for a while.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Anyone else think the light truck market will turn into the class 8 market where horsepower numbers will hold around the same and the TQ number will go up? I've noticed this in tractors as well.

Not upset about those numbers if its true. GM in true fashion probably under rated them as well.

My 16 is so quiet, I'm keeping it this way. Just lift, tires, tint and few other odds and ends on this one...

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I honestly brag about how big and quiet my 51" Donaldson muffler is. Lol. I'm actually thinking I might throw a 20" mbrp muffler I have on my frontpipe too.

I wish I had the coin for a new one, but it won't be in the cards for me for a while.

put straight 5" on my reg cab short bed LBZ. That with the the up pipes and manifolds etc it is so damn loud. Sounds good but not something that is fun to drive 100 miles a day. Bad move on my part.

My 16 is so quiet, I'm keeping it this way. Just lift, tires, tint and few other odds and ends on this one...

Yup, no mud terrains on this thing. Tint and colormatching and amp steps haha

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
put straight 5" on my reg cab short bed LBZ. That with the the up pipes and manifolds etc it is so damn loud. Sounds good but not something that is fun to drive 100 miles a day. Bad move on my part.

I just drove 1400 miles round trip pulling a 28' car trailer last Tuesday-Wednesday and I really wished I had put my muffler back on for the trip. And I've got a 10 hour drive down to Oklahoma in November with my toy hauler...... The muffler might go back on for a bit.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I just drove 1400 miles round trip pulling a 28' car trailer last Tuesday-Wednesday and I really wished I had put my muffler back on for the trip. And I've got a 10 hour drive down to Oklahoma in November with my toy hauler...... The muffler might go back on for a bit.
Tell me about it. Pulled my heavy ass toy hauler 20 hrs across Canada with a straight piped side dump in front of the rear tire with a Danville 2.5 charger and window's down a/c. Not fun.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Just saw a picture of the actual motor on a stand, with a cutaway rear section. Trying to upload the picture but it's saying "incorrect file extension" just sent you the pic Josh

Last edited: