2017 Duramax

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Guarantee Im the only one who noticed this...

But I thought it was interesting how on double cab and regular cab HD trucks, they now get a dual-stage passenger side airbag, with smart passenger sensing system...just like the half tons. Driver side airbag is still single stage.

Crew cab HD's get single-stage driver and passenger airbags and no passenger sensing system, like before.

So the double cab and regular cab HD's get a sort of "hybrid half ton/HD" SIR system. Dual stage with smart passenger sensing on the passenger side, single stage on driver side.

(on the half tons, the driver side is also dual-stage, with a seat position sensor to de-power the airbag if the driver is sitting close or judges to be shorter)

Up until now, from 2001-2016, all HD's have always had the "dumber" airbag system with driver and passenger single stage airbags, and no smart passenger sensing system....the HD extended cabs and regular cabs just got the manual passenger airbag de-activation key switch.

I wonder why? It certainly wasnt for cost savings...having two different airbag systems, wiring, calibrations, R&D, etc for double-cab/regular cab and crew cab. Maybe GM felt not enough people were educated/aware of the manual deactivation switch, and small children were being injured in the passenger seat of regular/extended cab HD's????

Anyway, I thought that was interesting. Too bad Ill never be able to get a real answer, unless someone knows an engineer at GM Safety/Restraints. "NassDmax" over on diesel place works there, but I havent seen him active in a long time.

Ben
I noticed that to Ben. That's actually the first thing that caught my eye. Very interesting......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Duvel

Aug 7, 2016
We already know a bunch 445/900 continental controller denso fuel system, Borg warner turbo. Same frame and body other then the hood

I'm curious to see if they went reverse flow heads like it looks they did

So is the torque 850 or 900(or does anyone really know yet)? Everywhere else I've read says 850, unless I missed 900 elsewhere in the forum. Going to place my order for a 2017 and would like to know SOME definitive numbers beforehand.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I guess until GM officially releases numbers it's all a guessing game. A simple tweak in the ECM is all GM needs to do in order to bump up the numbers. I bet GM will wait till the last minute to post numbers.

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Just talked to my local stealership and all they know is that Gms 2016 diesel truck production will go into late November, early December, but no news on when ordering the 2017s will start. We probably won't know any more about the 17s until the Texas state fair Starts and that won't be untill September 30th in Dallas

Duvel

Aug 7, 2016
Well crap. I just want to get it ordered. I'm trading in my 2016 LML with only 10k miles(as of right now) for it. I dont want to keep putting miles on my current truck.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I'd bet they won't hit the lots untill February. I called my dealer and he said to hold my horses, haha, and he got me a custom ordered 15 Denali in May of 14...

Duvel

Aug 7, 2016
Any idea if the 2017 Chevy 2500HD/3500HD's will be getting HID projectors?

Also, are there any leaked details on the L5P EGR system? I'm hoping it is not a dual loop, high pressure/low pressure, system due to complexity and possibilities for something to go wrong.

I have an appointment with my dealer in Monday to place my order. I was hoping for more drivetrain details by now, but I guess I'll have to wait. I would really, really like to know how the numbers compare to Ford's "released" numbers. In my experience, the GM has been able to do more with lower numbers, but it'd be nice to see them spec some competitive torque numbers. I know, I know... I can't help it though, I like torque...

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
My buddy can order them but yet they wont give prices yet. Everything in his system says n/a. Dumb on gms part. People are not going to order without price and specs.

Duvel

Aug 7, 2016
Any new, "accurate" rumors??? <-----(oxymoronic statement)

Maybe some cryptic clues from those who are accurately informed would be quite nice?

x≤(9.655^3)≤y

Is it x, y, or neither of the two???

Last edited:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Seriously nothing no photos yet. I saw some supposed pictures on the Web but nothing seemed official. Did they not change anything.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Plant Operator

Substation Operator
Feb 21, 2015
Michigan
I said screw it and got a great deal on a 2016 Silverado 3500. Everything I was looking for, proven technology to work with, and i got all my accessories combined into 0% for 72 months.