2017 Duramax

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It's probably a small cat or dpf under there. I figure they can use the heat from the turbo and exhaust to help break down the long chain hydrocarbons and not use so much active regeneration and def...

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Makes sense for all that heat shielding and the cold air intake/hood scoop, all that under the hood heat would really kill performance, especially under load...

Rebelz71

May 18, 2016
The two new new Chevy colors.

Graphite metallic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Rebelz71

May 18, 2016
The two new gmc colors.

Dark Slate Metallic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Polarisboy8

Jul 28, 2016
Dealer told me yesterday that ordering got pushed back until the middle of September and production is slated to start around November 1st

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
More info around new packages and colors:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/08...engine-l5p-new-colors-new-equipment-packages/

Tungston Metallic is gone, I need to see what Graphite Metallic looks like..

Guarantee Im the only one who noticed this...

But I thought it was interesting how on double cab and regular cab HD trucks, they now get a dual-stage passenger side airbag, with smart passenger sensing system...just like the half tons. Driver side airbag is still single stage.

Crew cab HD's get single-stage driver and passenger airbags and no passenger sensing system, like before.

So the double cab and regular cab HD's get a sort of "hybrid half ton/HD" SIR system. Dual stage with smart passenger sensing on the passenger side, single stage on driver side.

(on the half tons, the driver side is also dual-stage, with a seat position sensor to de-power the airbag if the driver is sitting close or judges to be shorter)

Up until now, from 2001-2016, all HD's have always had the "dumber" airbag system with driver and passenger single stage airbags, and no smart passenger sensing system....the HD extended cabs and regular cabs just got the manual passenger airbag de-activation key switch.

I wonder why? It certainly wasnt for cost savings...having two different airbag systems, wiring, calibrations, R&D, etc for double-cab/regular cab and crew cab. Maybe GM felt not enough people were educated/aware of the manual deactivation switch, and small children were being injured in the passenger seat of regular/extended cab HD's????

Anyway, I thought that was interesting. Too bad Ill never be able to get a real answer, unless someone knows an engineer at GM Safety/Restraints. "NassDmax" over on diesel place works there, but I havent seen him active in a long time.

Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I wonder how the hell the intake runners are now?? and how the exhaust system pretty turbo looks??

It is still normal-flow heads. The exhaust manifolds and up-pipes are pretty similar to the way they are currently.

I really think it'll be easier to work on than the LML, due to the fact that the entire EGR assembly is hanging off to the side, and can be removed as a unit.