2017 Duramax

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I do have some lingering concerns about the emissions equipment becoming a money pit once the truck is out of warranty ... we will finally see the aftermarket step up and make cheap replacement emissions parts, so that will probably be a non-issue. Just me being paranoid.
You mean like LB7 injectors........?

Like LLY head gaskets.......?

;)
Hey, now, you can't quote half of a paragraph :hello:
And yes, I would say LB7 injectors and all head gaskets have become reasonable in price. And with the new SAC-style LB7 injectors, we might have fixed (or really helped) the lifespan too. So like I said in the paragraph you cut out, I think it will be fixed, I just like to be paranoid.

On a 2015+ truck?????
Yeah, my cousin with the ambulance service has a 2015 Chevy (non-Denali, but fairly loaded out) truck (the supervisor vehicle, he gets to take it home, lucky dog!). I helped him do the up-fit with the lights, siren, toolboxes, etc, so I was inside & out of that truck. And I do feel it is inferior to the 2003-2007 interior. But that is just my :2cents:. And if GM sorts out the software crashing/weirdness that the 2013-15 vehicles I've seen seem to have, the 2017 will be a slick truck. I'm just not sold on the 2008-2016 yet. Again, just my opinion. Still would rather have a 2011+ GM over a 2011+ Dodge or Ford.

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
The interior in my 07 feels cheap compared to my 15. No comparison between the trucks IMO. 15 has a nicer interior, better ride, more features, and gets better MPG. If it wasn't for all the work I've done to my LBZ I wouldn't have a problem selling it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
X2 the interior in my 06 isn't even comparable to my 15. The 11-14 are very cheap feeling to me.

agreed.

i loved the interior of my 02 right up till the 15s. the 07.5-10 were really cheap, noisy feeling. 11-14 got a little better but still didnt like that. 15s and up i have no gripes with

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
While the pre lmm trucks interior are pretty plan compared to today's trucks. Let's see how good of shape they are in after they are 10+ years old. My only real bitch about the older trucks are all the damn lights that burn out on the HVAC etc.
I know some don't care, but it's nice to not have cracks or paint peeling off things after the first few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I know the new carpet fender liners hold salt and road grime really good.

Well rubber/plastic/felt doesnt rust...

And its not like the GMT-800 fenders dont catch a whole bunch of crap and sludge on the bottom edge/pocket by the front doors

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Well rubber/plastic/felt doesnt rust...

And its not like the GMT-800 fenders dont catch a whole bunch of crap and sludge on the bottom edge/pocket by the front doors

The metal they attach to does. Especially when they drill into fenders to mount the gm mud flaps. These fenders will be worse then the last body style. Anything holding moisture tends to rust fast.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
While I agree with you in pretty much everything you said, I would have to say the people that buy these trucks and depend on them day to day for work care a lot about the reliability of the emissions systems. While they might not be out any money for the repairs, being without the truck because of problems can be very costly to their business.

Couldn't have said it any better. When my trucks down I'm hemorraging money, I dont care what it takes to get it back up.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
agreed.

i loved the interior of my 02 right up till the 15s. the 07.5-10 were really cheap, noisy feeling. 11-14 got a little better but still didnt like that. 15s and up i have no gripes with
X2 and those pre 15 nbs seat suck

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So here we are almost half way through the third quarter and still no details on the truck other than the hood scoop. This better be big. And I mean. REALLY big for them to keep this so secretive. Yeah I know, I sound like a broken record with this, but the suspense is killing me. I'm hungry for info.

Goss

Apr 4, 2016
Mulberry Grove, Il
So here we are almost half way through the third quarter and still no details on the truck other than the hood scoop. This better be big. And I mean. REALLY big for them to keep this so secretive. Yeah I know, I sound like a broken record with this, but the suspense is killing me. I'm hungry for info.

Lol kinda like the really hot chic you pursue, and then once you get her she is terrible