2017 Duramax

Rebelz71

May 18, 2016
I was really hoping it would get the headlights, grill, and bumper update that the 1/2 ton received. Might just have to wait it out till 2020 and see what the new body style looks like.

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I already take the cabs of when doing head gaskets lol. I find the 1.5 hrs it takes to have the cab makes the job good faster and easier but I'm crazy

I agree. I think you would have to be crazy to attempt hgs with the cab on. Soooooo much easier with it off!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The only people who criticize those of us who take the cab off to do headgaskets, are the people who have never removed the cab.......

It's so easy to lift the cab it's not even funny. And it allows you to stand there and do a GOOD job cleaning and reinstalling everything, instead of laying on the core support.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
every 15.5 and 16 ive seen dynoed locally has been consistently lower then 11-15 trucks by like 20-30hp so?

Results may very elsewhere and I'm far from a dyno operating expert but we have repeatability and consistent numbers each time we have put a truck back on to check numbers. The two 15.5's I put on were about 15-20 more then 11 and two 13's we did. Only reason I bothered trying them was the newer trucks felt stronger to me.

Last edited:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Results may very elsewhere and I'm far from a dyno operating expert but we have repeatability and consistent numbers each time we have put a truck back on to check numbers. The two 15.5's I put on were about 15-20 more then 11 and two 13's we did. Only reason I bothered trying them was the newer trucks felt stronger to me.

Interesting we have had the exact opposite here lol

I don't see anything differences in the tune file of a 16 compared to a 11-15? Who knows

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
They came and fixed it? What was wrong? Might be time to hop on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Micheal Tomac

been pulling forever
Aug 12, 2008
MI
The def tank should have been moved or made longer so it doesn't hang so low. The resonator under the hood looks like crap too

Kilowatt39

Diesel Addict
May 10, 2016
SoCal
I fully agree on both of those...Def tank and a cheapass resonator. $65K ish and they cant do better than that?

Ted White

Mar 16, 2013
I was at the Flint Assembly Plant yesterday to watch my factory ordered 2016 being built and I was told that they are building "pilot" 2017s on the late shift to test the line. I actually saw 2017 bodies coming on to the line from the new paint shop. I noticed in the photos posted by Rebel that the word "Pilot" was clearly visible in one of the engine shots, so it looks like these photos were taken in the yard at Flint.

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
Ok, the good news is GM is still much nicer looking inside and out than ford or dodge, and its under 75k. The bad News is Still Hp and torque, and that engine compartment is a f...ing cheap ass looking mess. I wouldn't open the hood to show off to any of my buddy's
..:mad:

strega440

Jul 25, 2014
CA
If I could get a good deal on one I'd still probably buy it, and fix up that mess...

Last edited:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
The only people who criticize those of us who take the cab off to do headgaskets, are the people who have never removed the cab.......

It's so easy to lift the cab it's not even funny. And it allows you to stand there and do a GOOD job cleaning and reinstalling everything, instead of laying on the core support.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
X4

Piece of cake once you learn what goes up and what stays down

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk