2017 Duramax

TexasLefty

May 29, 2015
Denton County, TEXAS
Yeah just a few tables and some tweeking and its a different rig.

I plan to trade or sell it at some point. The pickup tows like a dream but after the way GMC has treated me (NOT the dealership BTW) I don't want the truck any more. It's such a nice truck it a shame really, if fords were not so ugly and Rams untrustworthy it would already be gone.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Thats an interesting thought (lower the power and see if emissions can be met), but I still dont think they would be able to meet the NOx requirements without at least using some EGR...
I think most would be fine if we went back to what the LLY had which was a cat and EGR. All this DPF, DEF, and eevrythign else is for the birds. I realize milage has finally come back up with the newer emissions systems, but it is still a pain to many to have to deal with DEF freezing, or running out, and just an overall distaste for all the crap they now have. I still think if they tried, they could get them pretty clean with decent power output if they tried without all this DEF and DPF crap.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I plan to trade or sell it at some point. The pickup tows like a dream but after the way GMC has treated me (NOT the dealership BTW) I don't want the truck any more. It's such a nice truck it a shame really, if fords were not so ugly and Rams untrustworthy it would already be gone.

You are left with the Japanese trucks now.:eek:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
You're not in control unless you're out of control?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Wasn't one of the Japanese brands considering a hd truck?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

I remember reading it somewhere pretty recently. But it is the internet after all. The new Nissan xd and yota tundra are like 1500hd or 5/8 ton trucks. I was wondering if perhaps someone knew more. I think they will be dipping their toes in the hd market relatively soon though. It's too valuable to ignore.

It could do interesting things to the mpg part of it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jun 22, 2015
Mountain Home, ID
I remember reading it somewhere pretty recently. But it is the internet after all. The new Nissan xd and yota tundra are like 1500hd or 5/8 ton trucks. I was wondering if perhaps someone knew more. I think they will be dipping their toes in the hd market relatively soon though. It's too valuable to ignore.

It could do interesting things to the mpg part of it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup they have the 5.0 Cummins with something like 310hp/520tq. Same Aisin transmission as the Ram 3500 and same axles as the Ram Power Wagon. I'm kinda interested in how this thing will perform.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Yup they have the 5.0 Cummins with something like 310hp/520tq. Same Aisin transmission as the Ram 3500 and same axles as the Ram Power Wagon. I'm kinda interested in how this thing will perform.

Same axles as a power wagon??? Uh it has IFS...

The rear axle looks like a 14-bolt semi-floater due to the hub cap design, but I cant find any info about it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

You won't like the Aisin trans.