2017 Duramax

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Then again, yes if they gave it to me for free I would test it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I just saw on the TT site that there was a pic of the 2016-'17 Silverado 1500. But...it's got camo on the front and rear. Besides the 1/2 tons don't really do much for me.

SBLC

Here to Learn
Jun 12, 2008
Utah
Looks like Mike needs to build another coral so he can hold all the RAMs waiting to be feed some of that magic ju ju sheep stuff. Maybe you should also build a play pen() [ :dancenana::banana::nanawoot::nanawrench: :nana3: :nana::ban-hump::ban-hump::nana3: ] ()and let them run around trying to find their ghost trailer.:rofl:

Seriously though, good for them and maybe this will light some fire under GM to keep pushing the boundaries. :gmc: ! Good for Dodge and cant wait for real world feed back on the combination.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Shit, next rigg is only 11 months from being ordered. Looks like my ram or gmc debate is going to have to start over again. The 68rfe was a big deciding factor for me...:)

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If I was the CEO of Ram; my first move would be to use Allison trans for an instant sales advantage. I bet I would get one helluv a bonus at the end of the year.:thumb::D

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
6.7 Cummins and an Allison would be good combo. Too bad after 3 years the rest of the truck falls apart around it.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
6.7 Cummins and an Allison would be good combo. Too bad after 3 years the rest of the truck falls apart around it.
True, the new RAM trucks are junk. Fit and finish in the Long Horn is not up to par with the price tag. Also, what's up with the bed tapering into the cab? Looks like it's on there crooked from both sides.

Btw, my new 2015 Crew Cab has a lot more leg room in the back vs 2001-2014 Crew Cabs. I'm 6'4" and I fit in the back seat with the driver seat set to my driving position. Fuel mileage sucks but the truck will spin the rear duals fairly easy. I'm sure it will get better when I start removing things.

I am excited to see what happens with the 2017 Dmax.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I had one stupid dash rattle that was fixed other then that mine has been ok my mom's is 4 years old and never had a single rattle or interior problem neither has my dad's both have more then 80k miles there not as good as I feel they could be but till the new 15 gms came out there interior was miles ahead of the 11-14 gms

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

It IS a good combo. Drove that for a couple years at work. That engine is quiet for a Cummins. Enough torque that Id grind the rubber off the rear tires every 20,000 miles or so. Allison shifted prefect when not in regen, too.
First thing I'd do is delete it, though. If I could've done that to mine, Id still be driving it.
DPF regen fumes started making me sick, not to mention during the almost-constant regens, the trans would go into this weird tow-haul mode that would downshift extremely aggressive to keep RPMs up...which is dangerous as hell on snowy or muddy roads.