2017 Duramax

Jun 22, 2015
Mountain Home, ID
I also saw this, which makes me very excited. Did anyone see the pictures of the GM trucks with Camo? They looked like they may have some sort of ram air hood or hood scoop of some sort. Also they had a ton of padding covering the usual DEF tank, which the author thinks is a trick and that it's been moved.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
so they announced the 16 ram will 900ft lbs but nothing on a allision........

They better get a trans fast as their PS 68's won't handle it.

Fiat is trying to partner with Ford or GM as they are broke. Ford said no and so did GM. Fiat is now looking for investors to try a hostile GM take over. It won't happen. Fiat will sell Ferrari next. They are hanging on to Jeep as that is their only revenue. They just might go bankrupt with all their debt.
Hellcat warranty is going to kill them also.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That was posted a while ago. The hood is fake. At least I hope to death it is

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jun 22, 2015
Mountain Home, ID
That was posted a while ago. The hood is fake. At least I hope to death it is

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Might be, might not be but I really don't think it will be of similar design of where the holes are cut in the Camo. I think there just placed to get air under there. It could be similar to a Ram sport hood

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
They better get a trans fast as their PS 68's won't handle it.

Fiat is trying to partner with Ford or GM as they are broke. Ford said no and so did GM. Fiat is now looking for investors to try a hostile GM take over. It won't happen. Fiat will sell Ferrari next. They are hanging on to Jeep as that is their only revenue. They just might go bankrupt with all their debt.
Hellcat warranty is going to kill them also.

don't worry king Obama will bail them out again

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
900 ft lbs is absurd. Really?? NO ONE should be towing 30,000lbs with a pickup truck.

How about focus on fuel economy. The HP/tq race has gotten ridiculous...

Its all about how the powertrain works to deliver power in the real world. The Duramax/Allison combo has proven time and time again that even with significantly less hp/tq, it still hangs right there with the Ford/Dodge. Proof that numbers dont mean everything.

I guarantee there will be a lot of fine print on the Ram 900 ft lbs...only available in 1 or 2 gears, only available for a certain amount of time, EGT-limited, etc... Why do you think the manual transmission Ram's are still only like 600ft lbs or something? Because they cant control the way the power is used...

Ben

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I said this exact thing earlier in this thread. It wasn't recieved well.

Point is, the lb7 has enough tq to pull any load that is "safe" behind a 3/4 pickup truck.

Our lmls get HORRIBLE mileage. It's time to get the fuel economy up. I used 30 gallons of fuel pulling a 14,000lb boat 200 miles. 30 freaking gallons!

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I said this exact thing earlier in this thread. It wasn't recieved well.

Point is, the lb7 has enough tq to pull any load that is "safe" behind a 3/4 pickup truck.

Our lmls get HORRIBLE mileage. It's time to get the fuel economy up. I used 30 gallons of fuel pulling a 14,000lb boat 200 miles. 30 freaking gallons!

IS the damn thing doing a regen a lot? I never got that bad towing, that's 6.6 mpg.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
900 ft lbs is absurd. Really?? NO ONE should be towing 30,000lbs with a pickup truck.

How about focus on fuel economy. The HP/tq race has gotten ridiculous...

Its all about how the powertrain works to deliver power in the real world. The Duramax/Allison combo has proven time and time again that even with significantly less hp/tq, it still hangs right there with the Ford/Dodge. Proof that numbers dont mean everything.

I guarantee there will be a lot of fine print on the Ram 900 ft lbs...only available in 1 or 2 gears, only available for a certain amount of time, EGT-limited, etc... Why do you think the manual transmission Ram's are still only like 600ft lbs or something? Because they cant control the way the power is used...

Ben

Exactly.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Don't they have to meet some MPG standards in the future? When does that take effect?
Obviously not soon enough. I keep wondering why they don't try to build a diesel engine using todays technology, make it run with no emissions equipment AND meet emissions, then see what the power output is. I bet alot of guys would be REAL happy to have 300HP and 550TQ with NO emissions equipment needed, and it woudl still be neough power to pull any SANE load behind a pickup truck.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Obviously not soon enough. I keep wondering why they don't try to build a diesel engine using todays technology, make it run with no emissions equipment AND meet emissions, then see what the power output is. I bet alot of guys would be REAL happy to have 300HP and 550TQ with NO emissions equipment needed, and it woudl still be neough power to pull any SANE load behind a pickup truck.

Thats an interesting thought (lower the power and see if emissions can be met), but I still dont think they would be able to meet the NOx requirements without at least using some EGR...