2014 Camaro SS LML Build Thread

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Nice work.

Now ya need to hook up efilive and start logging some pids while ya play with the brake and P/N wires. All those important position values can be logged, along with VSS pulses and cruise related parameters live, which will then tell ya what mode the ECM is in.

I run the LMM's in stand alone with nothing connected to the P/N circuitry and not notice any torque limiting. Nor with a T42 wired up, until I hit the speed limiter conflict..

However, there is some gear related torque tables that might be coming into play, depending on what gear the TCM is telling the ECM it believes it's currently in. That would make sense with N pin overriding the CANbus data.

Be interesting to see what it thinks it's doing at 40mph or so. Need more data...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Nice work.

Now ya need to hook up efilive and start logging some pids while ya play with the brake and P/N wires. All those important position values can be logged, along with VSS pulses and cruise related parameters live, which will then tell ya what mode the ECM is in.

I run the LMM's in stand alone with nothing connected to the P/N circuitry and not notice any torque limiting. Nor with a T42 wired up, until I hit the speed limiter conflict..

However, there is some gear related torque tables that might be coming into play, depending on what gear the TCM is telling the ECM it believes it's currently in. That would make sense with N pin overriding the CANbus data.

Be interesting to see what it thinks it's doing at 40mph or so. Need more data...

Absolutely, I had efi live logging some cruise data the last run I made. I’ll definitely have to do more.

For the VSS pulses, I don’t see that parameter in efi, I’ll have to check hpt yet but if it’s not there either do you think it could be changed in the bin? If not I guess I could just change tire size to compensate, it’s off by a factor of 1.78 according to the dash.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Absolutely, I had efi live logging some cruise data the last run I made. I’ll definitely have to do more.

For the VSS pulses, I don’t see that parameter in efi, I’ll have to check hpt yet but if it’s not there either do you think it could be changed in the bin? If not I guess I could just change tire size to compensate, it’s off by a factor of 1.78 according to the dash.
Just search SPEED in efi and will find multiples under ECM & TCM.

In each tune file, you'll need to end up with the same pule per mile values however you calculate it. Normally not an issue, but you have that odd tooth count reluctor, and 40 is your current/default settings in both units. So likely both will need adjusted.

Reactions: Jakezed22