2014 Camaro SS LML Build Thread

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Nice work.

Now ya need to hook up efilive and start logging some pids while ya play with the brake and P/N wires. All those important position values can be logged, along with VSS pulses and cruise related parameters live, which will then tell ya what mode the ECM is in.

I run the LMM's in stand alone with nothing connected to the P/N circuitry and not notice any torque limiting. Nor with a T42 wired up, until I hit the speed limiter conflict..

However, there is some gear related torque tables that might be coming into play, depending on what gear the TCM is telling the ECM it believes it's currently in. That would make sense with N pin overriding the CANbus data.

Be interesting to see what it thinks it's doing at 40mph or so. Need more data...

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Nice work.

Now ya need to hook up efilive and start logging some pids while ya play with the brake and P/N wires. All those important position values can be logged, along with VSS pulses and cruise related parameters live, which will then tell ya what mode the ECM is in.

I run the LMM's in stand alone with nothing connected to the P/N circuitry and not notice any torque limiting. Nor with a T42 wired up, until I hit the speed limiter conflict..

However, there is some gear related torque tables that might be coming into play, depending on what gear the TCM is telling the ECM it believes it's currently in. That would make sense with N pin overriding the CANbus data.

Be interesting to see what it thinks it's doing at 40mph or so. Need more data...

Absolutely, I had efi live logging some cruise data the last run I made. I’ll definitely have to do more.

For the VSS pulses, I don’t see that parameter in efi, I’ll have to check hpt yet but if it’s not there either do you think it could be changed in the bin? If not I guess I could just change tire size to compensate, it’s off by a factor of 1.78 according to the dash.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Absolutely, I had efi live logging some cruise data the last run I made. I’ll definitely have to do more.

For the VSS pulses, I don’t see that parameter in efi, I’ll have to check hpt yet but if it’s not there either do you think it could be changed in the bin? If not I guess I could just change tire size to compensate, it’s off by a factor of 1.78 according to the dash.
Just search SPEED in efi and will find multiples under ECM & TCM.

In each tune file, you'll need to end up with the same pule per mile values however you calculate it. Normally not an issue, but you have that odd tooth count reluctor, and 40 is your current/default settings in both units. So likely both will need adjusted.

Reactions: Jakezed22

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Gear was trapped in garage for a week while they poured cement out front.

Great news! Installed new vss sensor and adjusted tire size in ecm and TCM to account for the 17 tooth reluctor in tr6060. Got it within 1kph on the first go lol. Cruise control is also working perfectly. Had to have neutral safety switch to ecm not grounded, so I will hook this up to a binary switch on the clutch pedal so it actually functions as it should, and also unplugged my clutch pedal sensor(which is basically ecm brake pedal sensor) and it is just fine like that so far.

One thing to note is I’ll have some tuning to do, at lower rpm it has trouble building boost and fueling. Seems like a limiter maybe under 1800 rpm but not sure. I will need to further log and find out. Perhaps the t42 is limiting fuel? I actually haven’t logged to see what it even thinks is going on while driving.

I bought a pair of mk4 tdi jettas so they have be occupying my time recently.

IMG_6630.jpeg

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Good to hear.

In the LBZ/LMM ya have torque tables per gear. Next step would be log some data and verify which gear the ECM believes it's in based off what the T42 is telling it, and max out all those torque limiting tables.

I've personally only experienced a speed limiting issue running t42 against the LMM. And all my safety/limit tables are maxed. So I'd guess your being held back by some ecm setting.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Took the car out tonight to do some logging and found some interesting things. The TCM still believes it is shifting through the gears, if you pull a high gear a steady accelerate it will defuel when it thinks its shifting. Ill have to try maxing all the shift tables so it never leaves first, and zero out all defuel on shifts. As far as my torque limiting when doing a burnout; i was able to break them loose and shred tires for as long as i want, i just needed to build a little boost first then it lite up like christmas. SO im assuming for that issue i just have some torque, fuel, or boost tables that need spicing up on the bottom end. Ill revise the files and report back, hopefully ill have a good video to link soon.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Source: https://youtube.com/shorts/txn3reKAKHs?si=uykHSo7Ddv5Qzpik

Working on cleaning up the tune. Still doggy down low but I’m slowly bringing boost on earlier and it seems to be helping. Gonna close veins sooner to help spool on my next revision.

If you listen closely you can hear the TCM pull fuel for a shift it thinks it’s making. So also working on that. If I totally max out all the shift tables I loose cruise control. So need to just get ride of the de fuel for shifts.