2002 FE9

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It sucks when we don't get enough time for these projects and then to add insult to injury it doesn't go as planned.

I been feeling a similar pain on trying to build a DIY engine stand to hold my engine from the sides so I can install the rear plate and the oil pan.

Same. I’m taking time off just to make decent headway on my tracker and the frame graph. Funny how we swap from all the time and no money to money and no time

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
In my line of work I have a huge opportunity from January to April 15th and it is a dash for the cash! After that I am busy, but nowhere near the frenetic pace that I'm coming off! I also don't make the $$ like I do in the 1st Quarter, so I have to avoid the temptation to overspend until next year :)

Reactions: malibu795

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Same. I’m taking time off just to make decent headway on my tracker and the frame graph. Funny how we swap from all the time and no money to money and no time
Keep us posted on that. Last I recall was the engine fiasco so I am curious what your up to now.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Work is a lot more relaxed, though not done throwing me a few surprises (which is always good!). I just landed an audit for a client that DIY'd for their 2023 filing and instantly received a love-letter from the Service for their mistakes. So I get to cement a better relationship with them, and prove my value! But it's some additional hours at work :) The truck is sitting at my buddy's house and needs to get to his lift for the cab to be raised. I shot myself in the hurry up dept though, and decided to key my cam while so much will be apart. In the interest of time however, I found Wagler had a keyed OEM cam on fleabay that checked good and was $165. So it will help to do a swap rather than pull the old and then have to cut it.

In regard to the upper BJ issue, Summit agreed to allow me to return them. I was shocked. Kryptonite will go in and they will come out ASAP before Summit changes their mind, LOL.

The Honey-Do list is down to my ankles, and I signed up for some classes over the next few weeks (NRA instructor type stuff). So I'm happily burning the candle at both ends as usual. I hope to have a real update soon with some progress!!! I'm going ape-shit without my truck!!!!!!

Oh, and my best friend calls me up and asks if I want to go to UCC if he can swing the time off, etc. Does a bear shit in the woods?! Hell yeah! So maybe I'll get a little vacation soon too :) I'm picturing throwing my smoker in the back of his LMM and having a brisket ready when we finish the 11hr trip. LOL Life is truly good :)