LLY: 06 LLY Part Deux meet "Snow"

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have been pondering leds myself. I have hids with lenses now but I have to flick the light switch after start up. I could fix that but I'm lazy. Been looking at plasma glow leds. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Are the led's worth the money besides the look? I'm eating the silver star headlights, like two lights a year.

I like the look of LEDs, I haven't used them in the head lamp positions yet on anything I own.

b16gsr, have you ever considered installing an upgraded light harness from Kennedy Diesel to take the load off the light switch, and maybe make one for the DRL's.?

I have harnesses on all my headlamps that I built, but they are not necessary for the LEDs as they draw less power.

Quality brands.. Yes.. Not like hids but reliable..

I've installed qhite a few from super Brite LEDs and they are better than silver stars imo

I agree. I have ALWAYS used a eBay company VVME for my HIDs. Great warranty and they have always taken care of my issues.

I have been pondering leds myself. I have hids with lenses now but I have to flick the light switch after start up. I could fix that but I'm lazy. Been looking at plasma glow leds. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't found a good quality LEDs headlamp yet.

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I have a set of LEDs from firewire for my low beams and I have no complaints. They're every bit as bright as the HIDs I had and with no warm up time or flickering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
She is out of hibernation for a while. Have to take the race car to the shop to get a once over before the track even next weekend.

Kind of crazy, been a while since I put fuel in it.

Had a bunch of towing I did before parking for winter.

The light of day...

Used the flatbed to shuffle the car and trailer to the shop.

zachariah

May 3, 2016
your truck looks amazing! it was probably already mentioned, whats the suspension setup drop shackles in the back? lowered in the front too? very curious looking to do a similar setup with my lly.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
your truck looks amazing! it was probably already mentioned, whats the suspension setup drop shackles in the back? lowered in the front too? very curious looking to do a similar setup with my lly.

Torsion bars down all the way and 3" shackle.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Well almost an epic failure. First wash in 6+ months and as I was finishing it off it starts pouring down rain. I was pissed. But I continued and finished it off.

New towels from the Rag Company are awesome.

If you own anything polished, the suede rags are amazing for preserving the finish.

All finished up.

Waited for a couple more hours and slowly moved it back to the warehouse. Snapped these before I moved it. Lighting was pretty cool.

carl.swoyer

Jan 31, 2016
Wow nice find

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Whats the story on that white ext cab with the graphics??

Look good Nick!!:thumb::thumb:
I need to bring my dually by once I get it all cleaned up with the products you guided me to purchase. :woott:

Yellowchevy