LLY: 06 LLY Part Deux meet "Snow"

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Well they are out of hibernation, well not all still 4 cars in the barn. Spring is here and my pops and I started clearing out the barn. I am going to try to start on the interior over the next couple of weeks.

Play nice you two.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Got tired my old LED's popping the lens out in the weather changes and from being cheap quality, so I decided to upgrade to the same ZEVO LED's that I installed on my XJ.

Old with the lenses popped off:

New versus old:

New installed:

ZEVO DRL driver GP Thunder CREE SMD passenger, the forward facing bulb on the CREE makes it appear brighter:

Video of the ZEVO DRL driver GP Thunder CREE SMD passenger, the ZEVO has far better signal display:
https://youtu.be/H8xLiS1QSs0

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
Got tired my old LED's popping the lens out in the weather changes and from being cheap quality, so I decided to upgrade to the same ZEVO LED's that I installed on my XJ.

Old with the lenses popped off:

New versus old:

New installed:

ZEVO DRL driver GP Thunder CREE SMD passenger, the forward facing bulb on the CREE makes it appear brighter:

Video of the ZEVO DRL driver GP Thunder CREE SMD passenger, the ZEVO has far better signal display:
https://youtu.be/H8xLiS1QSs0
I've got Zevo's in my turn and drl as well! Great bulbs

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
I've been thinking about selling off my Superbrightleds 3157 switchbacks for a set of Morimoto or DiodeDynamics. Mine are dead on 5k and do not go well with the 6k head lights.

Also I've seen those Zevo bulbs at Autozone that "claim" to be 6k.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
I've got Zevo's in my turn and drl as well! Great bulbs

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

They are lifetime warranty too which is great.

I've been thinking about selling off my Superbrightleds 3157 switchbacks for a set of Morimoto or DiodeDynamics. Mine are dead on 5k and do not go well with the 6k head lights.

Also I've seen those Zevo bulbs at Autozone that "claim" to be 6k.

They are 6000k for sure, my 4300k headlamps look of course yellow compared.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
b16gsr, have you ever considered installing an upgraded light harness from Kennedy Diesel to take the load off the light switch, and maybe make one for the DRL's.?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Are the led's worth the money besides the look? I'm eating the silver star headlights, like two lights a year.

Quality brands.. Yes.. Not like hids but reliable..

I've installed qhite a few from super Brite LEDs and they are better than silver stars imo