Which Shackles?

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
was that just the cheap eBay alum ones? That's all I've ran in my trucks and they work fine. I didn't know how much material could be taken off or which side to take it off from because the studs are receded pretty good so if you take that material off then it would be pretty thin where the stud goes through

Yeah just some $100 eBay specials lol. I took 1/8" off either side to keep them even. Been on my truck for over a year. Towing, hauling and just hammering down lol. Not a single issue:thumb:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Chris, are you on stock amount of leaves? are your shocks adjustable? put a zip tie around the shock shaft near the body of the shock and drive over the area you think it bottoms out at, if the zip tie is at the very end of the shaft, its bottoming out. if there is shock shaft left, its bad valving giving you the feeling.

Yes and yes. Ill give that a try, thanks. What do you think about the djm shocks for lowered trucks?

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I found some 1.25" on eBay, I didn't know they made that size because of the stock studs being longer..I will just order them, I already have the smooth part of the studs cut off from whn I ran 1.5" spacers on stock LMM wheels, my BMFs have a relief in the wheel so it won't be an issue with them.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Huh, never seen them before. Yeah, I didn't have to touch my studs with my bmfs. Good deal.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
Was looking and found these. They're a bit more money but I like the fact that they're hub and wheel centric. They also have a lifetime warranty and are made in AMERICA:thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 20

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I like how your truck sits. Question, why the Cognito UCAs on a lowered truck? More travel for the shock?

He already had them and rather than go back to stock I suggested running them on the opposite side up-side down. They correct the upper ball joints for a cranked up truck with positive angles on the UCAs. When run flipped they correct for a negative angle on the UCAs and it worked out.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I still have all my oem rear springs. The traction bars help with axle wrap and keep stuff lined up. Mine is a DD, ( we have some Aftermarket mirrors on order should be here any day).
picture.php

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I still have all my oem rear springs. The traction bars help with axle wrap and keep stuff lined up. Mine is a DD, ( we have some Aftermarket mirrors on order should be here any day).
picture.php

I was just worried about it affecting ride quality, I know I will probably need something with the new turbo just didn't want to spend the money unless I NEEDED it..but if I do then I'll get them

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I'd recommend getting something to stop axle wrap. it results in broken u joints, driveshaft's and I've heard it can break the shafts in the trans.