What will JNeal's LBZ run in the quarter?

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I think running fuel only is important but reducing the weight should be done. Has nothing to do with a dyno number.

Then spray it for a pass or two for fun.

Slick

Jan 9, 2007
If running a low number before it blows is the goal, then yeah, I say strip it.

If the goal is to shut people up on DP, then whatever weight the trucks sits at doesn't matter. Just weigh it before and see what it traps with the same configuration that was used on the dyno. Then you'll have a good idea of how much HP the truck is making.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I did a alot of searching through Rob's posts on the dp to get good info on setup:D. It's cool your going to run it at the strip and would like to see the internals if it holds together on spray if you run it AFTER you tear it down not while it's moving! Hopefully traction will be good there since the weather is getting cold. Good luck and be safe! One thing I've learned since racing cars, bikes, trucks, ect... there will always be nay sayers no matter what you do. I think it's a jealous thing.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Brayden and Jneal,

I have been reading all about the truck and to make everyone shut up, the last thing yall need to do is strip the truck down. I say run it "pull" ready minus the tool box and see what she does. To me people racing with nothing but a driver seat is ridiculous. How many people drive around like that every day. Its just not realistic numbers. Show everyone what the cheetah is made out of and if they dont like it tell them to eat a dick.

I would be very proud of what yall have done

Good Luck
Travis

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
FWIW I run second gear launch because of my big housing and it takes awhile for the charger to spool. I say go first gear and let her eat. Unless the track is cold and you can benifit from a softer launch. In second gear I launch at 2700rpm 1000* and she will get a 1.7 60ft every time.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
First pass I would leave the truck the same weight and setup that it was at the dyno were there is no he did this he did that, weight and trap speed will tell true rwhp.Can't wait to see what it runs good luck.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Thanks guys..

I think we'll do the fuel only stuff and figure out the 1st or 2nd gear launch and then go after it.

I'm going to take the weight bracket off and the toolbox and that's probably it. Get it as close to 6000 as possible.

We're going to video the truck's weight at the scales so nobody bitches about weight and then we'll video at the track.

Then if we don't get DQ'd on the first pass.. (I hope we do) then we'll see what it will do on a different tune and some spray.

Once we get the #2 only times I want to see just how far an LBZ can go with the correct tuning and some giggle gas.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Brayden

jneal

Feb 12, 2008
Bloomington, Indiana
I would like to help if I could. Jeff

I dunno, do you have any experience drag racing a RCLB, LBZ, with a cheetah and twin CP3's??? :D:D

You could probably help Brayden out alot with the setup Jeff. I won't be there so any help the guys could get I would much appreciate.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
If you really want to get that thing down track with a good number. I would want Sting and Killa there. They seem to know how to get a regular cab to haul azz.:)

Stove

May 3, 2008
Sheridan, IN
What really sucks about this is I won't even be there to see my truck run. I have to be in Peoria IL for Cat training all week and ORP closes for the winter after this Tuesday. :mad:

ORP's website says the next 2 tuesdays are street legals? I was thinking of going to one of the 2. When will the truck get ran, this week or next??

jrad12381

May 12, 2008
Reno, NV
I think we should set some rules, post up a poll with $5 dollar bid ins, and whoever is closest to the 1/4 et wins the cash:joker:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
October 21st, tommorrow :D

good luck guys my guess is 11.49 :) but i dont think it will shut anyone up half the guys talking shit overthere dont even know enough to respect a good 1/4 mile time and all the hard work it takes to acheve .