What will JNeal's LBZ run in the quarter?

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Well to squelch all the chatter over on DP we're going to drag race JNeals pulling truck :D

Couple questions... How should we set it up?

Also.. The front diff is welded.. It drives fine in 4wd but does anybody think this will be an issue?

How much boost should we leave at?

The converter locks at the top of first gear thanks to the turbobrake's performance mode. Good thing??

I'm willing to blow it up to see how fast we can get it but I don't think it will. That's why I ordered a nitrous bottle today.

What size jet to run..

We have plenty of fuel ;) Using McRat's calculator we should be able to spray an extra 225 hp or so to it with the largest jet. Should we?

Any input is appreciated especially if IdahoRob wants to chime in. :D
Thanks in advance,

Brayden

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Why spray it? With the right set up you should run a high 10 :D So unless you have a roll bar most tracks will kick you off with an 11.5

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
Like 2nd gear start good or just reduced shift timing etc..

We're going to be running Cooper Zeon's I think.. I don't have slicks and don't really want to buy any just yet.

What do you think a standard cab should weigh on a diet?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Like 2nd gear start good or just reduced shift timing etc..

We're going to be running Cooper Zeon's I think.. I don't have slicks and don't really want to buy any just yet.

What do you think a standard cab should weigh on a diet?

While I do 2nd gear launches in Wendy, all our 10 second passes in Casper have been with 1st gear. To be honest I have no idea how Pat tunes the trans, I'm just the driver.

6000lbs with driver should be double without alot of money.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
If you are able to I would try both 1st and 2nd gear start, some trucks respond differently from what I've read

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I think it's somewhere around 5800. That should be right, considering mine has about 3k in the back and sits right at 9000.....

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
I hope we can get it down that low but that's seems awfully low..

The truck has a toolbox, 100lb pulling hitch, fifth wheel hitch, weight bracket and 1200lbs of hanging weight make it weigh 8000 lbs

So I guess we could shave 800lbs with the toolbox, hitch, weight bracket, fifth wheel hitch, and lighter tires...

That would just put us at around 6000 lbs. Where in the world would you lose another 600?

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

I hope we can get it down that low but that's seems awfully low..

The truck has a toolbox, 100lb pulling hitch, fifth wheel hitch, weight bracket and 1200lbs of hanging weight make it weigh 8000 lbs

So I guess we could shave 800lbs with the toolbox, hitch, weight bracket, fifth wheel hitch, and lighter tires...

That would just put us at around 6000 lbs. Where in the world would you lose another 600?

I have a feeling that weight is probably with just a 6.0L and not a heavy duramax/allison

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
Battery weighs 60lbs or so... there's no rear bumper on the truck or tailgate...

No skidplates and no mufflers cat etc... Just a stack....

What size M&H's do you run? Do they fit stock wheels or 16x8's?