What the hell happened?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I completely agree with Reno. He at least has the guts to call a spade a spade over what this forum is becoming.

Sure, some still help, but not many.

How about you go out there and find what you need by making phone calls, studying things at night instead of drinking beer with the boys while waiting to get some info handed to you on a platter that someone spent nights figuring it out Tom?
I have shared things with some people and they turned around and went into the transmission business telling people they knew everything I know and can do it cheaper. Won't happen again.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Maybe there should be a Newb infomation center, with a ton of stickies for the new comers so they avoid asking what is the best oil, how big of tire questions...

I still see alot of tech info on here everyday,:confused:

Wouldn't help. 80% of the people don't read the stickies and probably more don't know how the search feature works or find it's too vague to find what they are looking for without reading in 10 pages per thread.

Just the way things are......

Dec 2, 2006
TN
How about you go out there and find what you need by making phone calls, studying things at night instead of drinking beer with the boys while waiting to get some info handed to you on a platter that someone spent nights figuring it out Tom?
I have shared things with some people and they turned around and went into the transmission business telling people they knew everything I know and can do it cheaper. Won't happen again.

That's why you never trust NO ONE when it comes to business.

Money changes people.

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
yes you bash all my threads go look them up....

im about to make some popcorn because this is getting intense:rofl:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Where did all the tech info go? I feel like a lot of the good posts have disappeared underneath a bunch of bull$#it. I miss when it was a small community full of good info for hotrodders. Maybe its just me but I believe its time for a break from the internet world and keep on with the current builds/endeavors I have. I have faith in a lot of you guys to bring it all back :hug:

Tech on a site is tough to reproduce , it takes the right questions being asked , and the right people to answer the questions the answers are not gone , and the questions are getting answers for the most part other than some mechanical stuff that is not to simple to be fixed on a forum , the questions are getting dull IMOP , not the answers .

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

I thought you and Ben ( duratothemax ) where friends?

I wouldn't worry he probably doesn't sell many trans anyways.

Don't loose any sleep over it mike, life is to short.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

And you spout off in my threads! What is your point?

I'm sure you have spent lots of time devoting your findings after long hours of wrenching and for that THANKYOU

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
And you spout off in my threads! What is your point?

I'm sure you have spent lots of time devoting your findings after long hours of wrenching and for that THANKYOU

if i knew anything i would share it...i dont want to pass false info

yes i do spout off but hes crying about it

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

I'm not Jordan, but I did look it up. I checked 25 of your 27 threads (I didn't feel like going to page 2). I found one post that could even be slightly considered bashing. It was the one where you posted a couple of pics of your truck, and he said it looked like you hit a shopping cart and a Honda Civic. I'm pretty sure he meant it as a joke because you have a black bumper and grille and a black hood on a white truck. Looks like you put new parts on it after an accident because the hood is still that black primer color. You just got all butt hurt over it.

I did find another thread I found interesting enough to post in though. I'm about to go make myself some popcorn :popcorn:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I thought you and Ben ( duratothemax ) where friends?

I wouldn't worry he probably doesn't sell many trans anyways.

Don't loose any sleep over it mike, life is to short.

This has nothing to do with Ben. Why did his name even come up?

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
wow i guess we were long over due for bitch session. I have read awsome tech on here for over 2 years now and I never stop learning, I would say 90% of the guys posting in this thread have helped me out at one point or another weather they offered to help or they just helped by answering a question

I could see being a newb how some of you guys can come accross as short and annoyed, number one reason I left the dmaxforum is because I got sick of explaining a bottle test on FPRV's and limp and tire size. And there is some of that here but I get my fill of tech and if I feel I can help someone on a question I will I am no-where near as knowledgeable as most of you but I think alot of us try.

This is an awsome comunity no doubt lets keep it that way and not start a bitch fest

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
You guys all suck:thumb:

Phewwww, glad that I got that off my chest:happy2:

All kidding aside, I have learned a ton from the guys here and owe alot to them for figuring stuff out and being cool enough to post about it. This site is also full of people doing things that 99% of the duramax crowd will never do and dont have the understanding of.

The people here are the same people from years ago when it first started here before it was truly a info exchange board and like any good relationship there is the good times and then there is the bad times. Ask any married guy if its all peaches from the day you say your vows. The same guys trying things, failing, succeeding, reporting ect is bound to create moments of tension, its life. Its how those tense moments get handle that makes this board. Like most of you all say is if we met out in public things would be different. Its hard to read the emotions of people through black and white text.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Anyone else thnk that fat turd in Mikes avatar looks like a human lego? Seriously, he has no neck and his head just looks like a 10x Lego head. Sorry, but it needed to be said. Evidence shown below, cleary the lego is in much better shape, but it is a rather inquisitive coincedence.

sylar.jpg

Premiere20thCenturyFoxTeamArrivalsOd9GLqg_0Enl.jpg

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I'm so lost to what this thread is even about? No offense,

IMO if you don't like what you see here move on. No one is forcing anyone to stay

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
So should I just get lost since I don't run 12 sec or faster, have a built motor, twins, doing some form of custom machine work to my motor or doing some other awesome shit to my truck? Since the "tech" that I and many others post about apparently doesn't fit your requirement as good tech or good info? Granted there are some silly questions and threads that could be answered with the search button But it has been that way ever since I have been here.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Awesome point Justin.

This site has the best tech hands down for the duramax.
It ranges from the simple stuff to the real difficult things. Spend a week on this forum reading and you will pick up so much information, you would be considered pretty smart in the dmax community. I call bullshit if you say there is nothing being taught to you on this forum everyday. I have learned so much from here and from real world experience, yet, I can come on here and there is a good chance I will learn more. This site is growing. We all have come to know most of each other and shared so much info, that we loose site of the new guys, or guys that havent been deep into the dmax scene, that we shrug them off with our "we know everything attitude and "this is a performance broad only". If you say there is no more tech here, then get lost, shut up, or start sharing. How about repay for the tech you got here by helping someone out. Even if it means helping a n00b change a fuel filter. You were there once right? The tech will come, as it always has.

As for the other posts that are goofy, entertaining, jokes, liquor, etc...I dont see a problem with thoses posts here. Many people are looking for entertainment on the net. Why not have everything in one place. Just because someone isnt posting about how they built a full race motor and his techniques, doesnt mean he is not allowed to post something off topic. this is a forum, the goal of a forum is to grow with membership, provide entertainment, and help people out in an organized manner. This forum does just that.

I say keep on Duramax Diesels, this is an awesome place, it has it all. Its growing and becoming bigger. What more can we ask for?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Rob
If you didn't have a life and couldn't do anything right you would bitch too; probably start a post about it.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
:joey: I never used this smilie what is it for? I have nothing to add.

Last edited: