LB7: To do head studs or not?

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Well done! Sleep when you're dead :D

:coolspot: Yep, slept for 3 hours and then went and played tennis for a couple hours, its nice being 20. lol. Sadly I'm pretty sure I bent a valve when setting lash because pushrod wasn't in place and it got tight turning it over, it had a tick that I figured was an exhaust leak but after driving it ~30 miles it seems to be popping slightly through the intake so I got a buddy to tow me home. I'm going to diagnose it for sure but I plan in having to take the passenger head off again. This time I'm putting on a s366 from EPR! Can't wait.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Head studs do offset the bore of the head from the block slightly and cause the rings to clearance themselves on the "lip" created by the distortion. Having said that, thousands of people have studded their heads (ford, dodge, and gm) without any problems. IMO if you have the means and knowledge to split the tranny and pull the motor then spend the few extra bucks that you thought you were going to spend on the studs and have the bore trued up by a reputable machine shop, im sure Henry can point you in the right direction:thumb: i believe it was trent that had a thread on this topic IIRC
*EDIT* sorry just watched the video

Trying to follow this logic. I'm assuming this is the reason for using a torque plate?? How do headstuds offset the bore???