The Wounded Warrior

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Well it happened,

At Lebanon today I entered the NHDHRA Event with the rest of the New England crew, the first shakedown pass in time trials was a dismal 12.92 at 103.78 mph with a weaker 1.85 60/ft time #2 only. Track prep could have been better but oh well.

The next pass I was hoping for a 11.9X on the N20 and instead settled for a 12.09 at 112+ mph, still a bit slower due to another 1.804 60/ft time.

And then it happened, while sitting in the staging lanes another racer notices some coolant under the truck, I pressurized the system and had to bail on the rest of the racing.................:(

So I let it sit, evacuated the pressure after about an hour or so, and drove her home without any issues.

ECT stayed at 180-200 degrees and tranny temp was 120, no noticebale noises or additional coolant pressure building.

She will need some help I think..........:hug:

Spoke with Guy at SoCAL from the track, we will be discussing options.

She has been run for almost 7 years and the last 5 raced and been the test truck for all of my tuning, she owes me nothing.

;)

Last edited:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Well it happened,

At Lebanon today I entered the NHDHRA Event with the rest of the New England crew, the first shakedown pass in time trials was a dismal 12.92 at 103.78 mph with a weaker 1.85 60/ft time #2 only. Track prep could have been better but oh well.

The next pass I was hoping for a 11.9X on the N20 and instead settled for a 12.09 at 112+ mph, still a bit slower due to another 1.804 60/ft time.

And then it happened, while sitting in the staging lanes another racer notices some coolant under the truck, I pressurized the system and had to bail on the rest of the racing.................:(

So I let it sit, evacuated the pressure after about an hour or so, and drove her home without any issues.

ECT stayed at 180-200 degrees and tranny temp was 120, no noticebale noises or additional coolant pressure building.

She will need some help I think..........:hug:

Spoke with Guy at SoCAL from the track, we will be discussing options.

She has been run for almost 7 years and the last 5 raced and been the test truck for all of my tuning, she owes me nothing.

;)

Is your truck green??

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
No, That is the GREEN GOBLIN, he runs my tuning and won the Sportsman class, his tranny took a crap though.

:(

It was a rough day.........:eek:

Man, that is a ruff day for the two of you:( I thought the Goblin was one of the faster D-max's there, seemed very smooth in power and a real good looking truck to boot. What truck is yours? I might have missed it if you ran between 11-12:30, I was MIA for alittle bit...

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Man, that is a ruff day for the two of you:( I thought the Goblin was one of the faster D-max's there, seemed very smooth in power and a real good looking truck to boot. What truck is yours? I might have missed it if you ran between 11-12:30, I was MIA for alittle bit...

Red GMC, Crew Cab, Short Bed ......... Moonshine Sticker on the back window.

:D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Sorry to hear about that, Tony....but you're right, that truck owes you nothing. 7 years of hard use deserves kudos, if anything.

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Nitrous!!!!!!.................BAD MEDICINE!!!!...............kick that nasty habit.:eek:
We could blame it on that monster "old-school N2O set-up" from our friend SuperDiesel!:baby:
Seriously, that is bad news Tony. Let me know if I can help.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
you mentioned maybe shortened rods, you should do a compression test before you get too worried.....o yeah, if you need a ride down to baltimore, i'm in! i need to talk to george about possibility of injectors ;). it was a great day and i learned a lot, though slowly:rofl:, i need to make a practice tree if i plan on doing this more often, I suck. but the truck has it in her so thats why i feel i did what i went to do and after we do a few more fuel mods i think we have a good chance of reaching the limits of the rods:D:D:angel:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
you mentioned maybe shortened rods, you should do a compression test before you get too worried....

X2. I would do a compression test before you tear it down-if anything to know where you stand before/after you tear it apart.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Sorry to hear Tony,When you come to Georges just drop your truck off with alist of what you want done.It can be like a 2 stop run thru one for a trans build and one for a motor build.