Test-N-Tune Friday, July 17th. san angelo

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
Test and Tune is Friday, July 17th. 1/4 Mile Racing. Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Racing from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Anyone and everyone is invited to race.
Car/Driver $17.00, Spectators $6.00 and children under 12 $2.00.

www.sanangelodragway.com

i figured i would give everyone advanced notice :D

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
does halletsville have an event every weekend? :rofl:

i've got some cummins friends here "West Texas Diesel Performance" and it seems like they go there a lot. they go somewhere just about every weekend.

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
I'll be there the 17th, wanna try the truck without a s/c but everything else the same. Then more changes :happy2:

Looks like the headgasket or injector seals may be first. :confused:

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
i gotta dremel...well "craftsman rotery" to be specific. if you come up this way, i'll let you and mike borrow it. :D

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Eddie with Matco keeps me pretty well stocked with tools but if you'd like to bring the dremel and use it to help, then....... Is this an offer?

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
i'm always willing to help out, but it all depends on timing. if i'm free, i'll help out...otherwise, if you needed to borrow the dremel, you can...but it sounds like you have one already. honestly, i haven't ported a duramax's heads, but if talking about cleaning the casting seams up a bit, that's no problem...acutally creating larger ports...i'm not so comfortable with doing. :eek: quantity of airflow is not as important as quality of airflow.

won't be around this weekend, and friday after next is the races...so if it's during the week, it'll have to be after 5:00 pm. also, i'll be visiting some cummins friends @ the races and saturday.

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Really, I believe Danny was messing around. He has no plans to bring his truck over I'm sure. I appreciate the offer though, very cool.

I'm really not sure I have a problem with the engine just yet, just seemed to loose a small amount of coolant. Glow plugs removed did not show anything. One thing to note is my cooling fans are electric and probably not properly sized. So, could be getting a bit hot during the run and loosing as a result.

It will be good to meet up with ya'll at the races.

Thanks again.

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
anytime.
you and Matt Galloway are pretty good friends, right?
Matt was my Best Man and I was his at each others weddings.
i look forward to meeting ya.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Looks like my dad and I will be going to the deer lease that weekend, which isn't far from San Angelo. I think we're gonna try to make it out there and do some racing with his truck. Hope to meet up with some of you guys.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Looks like my dad and I will be going to the deer lease that weekend, which isn't far from San Angelo. I think we're gonna try to make it out there and do some racing with his truck. Hope to meet up with some of you guys.

hell ya josh where is your deer lease? hope you make it!

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX

So, will you be hunting the two legged variety? You know, July....

Cool, your lease is close.

Last edited: