Test-N-Tune Friday, July 17th. san angelo

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
what about running in 4wd with slicks on the back? you could warm up the slicks in 2wd, then switch to 4wd...you'll get better traction out the back and the fronts will still be pulling.
or will that mess something up...more traction in rear?
If you can find a slick with the same diameter tire as the front tires, it would work ok.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
No, I meant street tires and 4x4 would be better than slicks on the back and 2wd. That's just my opinion though. I've never tried slicks, but I haven't heard of too many people cutting 1.6 60' times with slicks on a 2wd pickup. I very well could be wrong.

I did see it, Mike. I answered and posted a new thread with the calculator if you want to check it out.

Ya idk josh I've cut consistant 1.8 but never anything below that... But I've only made 3 passes on slicks... That was in full street trim with my stereo an my 20's on the front.. Idk if a 2wd can get better? I no slicks took my 60ft from 2.2 to 1.8...

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
i was there too...parked in between the sno cone trailer and the first set of stands.

what about running in 4wd with slicks on the back? you could warm up the slicks in 2wd, then switch to 4wd...you'll get better traction out the back and the fronts will still be pulling.
or will that mess something up...more traction in rear?

I'd have to have 4 slicks or all four tires would have to roll out the same. Kind of a headache.

I didn't realize you drove your truck out, why weren't you racing?

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
:rofl::rofl:
that truck is pampered...kinda. there's nothing done to it, not even tie rod sleeves. :eek:
one of these days, i'll get my car the way i want it and run. until then...:alc:

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
Anyone going to the peach an melon festival in deleon? It's a big two day pull! Josh you are pretty close are you goin over there?? Aug 7-9