Replacement headlights

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I've been needing to replace the lights on the dually and Tahoe for some time now. Last week I finally took the gamble on some from eBay for $251. That included chrome headlights for the dually/Tahoe, dually parking and fog lights. I know what you're thinking, you get what you pay for!! Haha.

I had put cheap aftermarket lights on my 95 when I had it and I had no problems with them so I decided to give it a try.

Here's a picture
c08a830797058a06e65b72f70edc26ff.jpg

Went to install them on the Tahoe but I had to put an o-ring on the light to hold it in the housing otherwise it would have rattled around/fallen out. Being I was in it that far figured I'd give it a try. Got it in and pulled it out right away being it fit nothing like the factory one.
The bottom gap between the bumper was 1/2" larger, top was pushed up closer to the hood, and it was recessed in towards the grill 1/2" so the front of the fender was exposed. The factory light fit perfect all the way around and covered the front of the fender so you don't have to worry about bugs or rock chips.
So that was a fail!!

Went to try the dually lights but again the bulb didn't fit that great but I tightened the screws on the clip so it would hold the bulb better. But went to install the parking lights and I couldn't get the lights to even clip into place!!! At this point I'm pissed that both sets were failures!!!!!!

Here's what the dually looks like, they look a little worse in person and mainly I'm picky!!
66105f904729df11394302a95806960d.jpg

Enough of my rambling. In short, does anybody have any luck in aftermarket replacement lights?

I looked at anzo's but I didn't see thebest reviews. I saw some on Amazon for $60 but again for the price I have my doubts though, they did have good reviews though.

If I could get the lenses clean/clear I'd just keep them and paint the inside black area white but haven't had good luck with 2 different headlight restore kits. I need to look at other headlight restoring ideas.
Has anybody had good luck cleaning up their lights?

Thanks in advance everyone and sorry for the LONG post. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.

Yellowchevy

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Sorry to that your eBay specials weren't up to snuff Russell. I get them to. I just bought these and anlready pulled them apart to paint. Best ones I have bought so far.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I had good luck with my eBay lights was very nervous about them at first, as it turned out their Spiders. Shipment was okay, could have been better. Appearance is great they look awesome. Function good. Overall I'm happy.

Attachments

• IMG_20151108_082620580.jpg
    IMG_20151108_082620580.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20160123_172016351.jpg
    IMG_20160123_172016351.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 60

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
What did you use to clean the haze up on your stock ones? I have done them just wet sand them starting with 600gr and step down until you finish with 3000gr then polish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bigmackmiller

Nov 30, 2008
Kokomo, IN
Have had good luck with spiders also, last set of ebay specials I got I struggled to get them in without using some force, Also broke adjuster after trying to align, ended up just putting some glue on and called it good, but most have been fine that I've used

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
That sucks Russell...:mad:

I got these off eBay, think they came from "www.ilovebodykits.com"
They fit great and look good too (IMO). I wanna say I got them all for $140 shipped

Name brand etched into the lens is "Dynamik"
Mine are smoked but they came with a clear lens "euro style" with clear reflectors or "US style" with Amber reflectors...if you're into that sorta thing ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20160310_140859149_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160310_140859149_HDR.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20160310_140954474_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160310_140954474_HDR.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 71

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I had a set of clear dynamik ones in my truck they fit good but I went through 2 sets of parking lights because they kept fogging up. I had a buddy of mine sand and buff my factory ones and I tore them apart and painted the inside white, they came out pretty good.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
What did you use to clean the haze up on your stock ones? I have done them just wet sand them starting with 600gr and step down until you finish with 3000gr then polish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I just used mothers and megulars headlight restore. Neither one really did anything.
I wet sanded them being the restore kits didn't work but I didn't have much time to do it right.

I may have to try the Ipex or spyder being people are having good luck with them.

Yellowchevy

gtrslngrchris

Jan 8, 2016
Are you replacing them only due to the haze? Just need to sand further and then put UV protection back on the newly polished housings.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Are you replacing them only due to the haze? Just need to sand further and then put UV protection back on the newly polished housings.
Correct. I broke the lower mounting tab on the Tahoe lights so figured I just get replacement lights. But due to them not fitting I glued the tab back on and reinstalled the factory ones.

I'm assuming I just keep sanding till the haze goes away then polish them followed by UV protection?
Any brand of UV protection you recommend?

Thanks,
Yellowchevy

gtrslngrchris

Jan 8, 2016
I'm assuming I just keep sanding till the haze goes away then polish them followed by UV protection?
Any brand of UV protection you recommend?

Pretty much. I've got a pro detailer friend that uses this but it's expensive enough you could buy new headlights for that. I've got by on the Meguiars stuff and just clean and reapply it every few months.

b.d.keathley

Apr 30, 2014
Des Arc Ar
I had excellent results with my lly. I bought the headlights for $40 each and the park lamps for $8 each from classic industries in huntington beach ca. They have a catalog and a web site. Dont remember it tho. They came with brand new bulbs and fit perfect.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Pretty much. I've got a pro detailer friend that uses this but it's expensive enough you could buy new headlights for that. I've got by on the Meguiars stuff and just clean and reapply it every few months.
That stuff looks slick, I'll probably be getting a bottle of that. Now to find time to sand/polish my headlights.

Thanks everybody for the info, much appreciated.

Yellowchevy