raw fuel and tar like in exhaust?

Aaron@LDS

Goin' Broke!
Vendor/Sponsor
Jan 19, 2013
Saint Johnsville, NY
You should really call Exergy and give them an opportunity to diagnose it with you. They will warranty the injectors if need be. I'm sure they would like to be notified that some of their injectors are having issues.

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
You should really call Exergy and give them an opportunity to diagnose it with you. They will warranty the injectors if need be. I'm sure they would like to be notified that some of their injectors are having issues.

as soon as I get a chance I will be calling them to figure it out

FryGuyLML

Aug 17, 2013
Labrador City, NL Canada
your probly right..i had the injectors checked in December an checked out fine but it has gotten worse.. I just don't want to accept it since ive had my motor out of the truck in pieces 2 times in less then 12,000 miles and sat for about a year... I just cant keep forking money out like I have been... its my daily driver and cant afford to have it down again...

Once again I'm willing to say this is normal ! My brand new lml with 35000 kms is nothing but white smoke when it's cold or idling ! It's a product of cold fuel ! Burning cold fuel makes white smoke and the obvious raw fuel smell !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
:thumb:
Once again I'm willing to say this is normal ! My brand new lml with 35000 kms is nothing but white smoke when it's cold or idling ! It's a product of cold fuel ! Burning cold fuel makes white smoke and the obvious raw fuel smell !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for now I'm taking your word for it! Lol I don't have time to call I'm swamped at work... Hopefully be able to get the new tunes
soon!!!

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Our 2006 LBZ work truck plumes white smoke at high idle and it's pretty strong smelling. It is all stock except a Predator programmer. I think it is normal in cold wether but never seen that black gunk you posted on any truck before.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
No offense to the OP but how do you have time to post in this thread all the time and read long replies but don't have the time to make a 10 min phone call to Exergy? Just curious.

Nothing about your situation sounds "normal". If I was you I wouldn't let the warm weather distract you from finding a solution or an answer to your issue.

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
No offense to the OP but how do you have time to post in this thread all the time and read long replies but don't have the time to make a 10 min phone call to Exergy? Just curious.

Nothing about your situation sounds "normal". If I was you I wouldn't let the warm weather distract you from finding a solution or an answer to your issue.

I work man look at all my posts it's all evening or on weekends I'm to busy during the day to make a personal call during work... Well as it's warmer out now it doesn't smoke at all... Just at first start up there's a puff an it's gone

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
That's from either to much idle time or bad injectors. Or low compression. Seen this a thousand times on the big rigs. I'd do a compression check first. Then check injectors. Then check tuning. Just my to cents.

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
Havnt done anything with it yet but we actually had a warm streak a week or 2 ago when it was in the 40-50s and it was just fine no smoke no nothing.... I'm saving up now to switch tuning since I wanted to anyway then I'll go from there...