raw fuel and tar like in exhaust?

FryGuyLML

Aug 17, 2013
Labrador City, NL Canada
Ya I don't need that at all!!! Might have to start using it more lol ya I used to work around all that crap to building bridges been a few years since them days now... It's kinda like smoking I used to smoke wide open now I quit an if I even smell it I get a sick feeling

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong ! But that's just me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FryGuyLML

Aug 17, 2013
Labrador City, NL Canada
Exact words the guy who tuned it said but didn't know if I should trust him after I dropped a pile of money in it

Very good ! On the bright side, summer should be here sometime ! Not sure when ! Don't seem like it's ever gonna come ! But when it do you shouldn't have to worry about it !

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
Very good ! On the bright side, summer should be here sometime ! Not sure when ! Don't seem like it's ever gonna come ! But when it do you shouldn't have to worry about it !

Ha I don't seen it in the near future here!! It's winter like eleventeen moths of the year!! Come summer it for surely it getting new tunes tho!! Either rob or kory!! I can't decide between them lol

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Ha I don't seen it in the near future here!! It's winter like eleventeen moths of the year!! Come summer it for surely it getting new tunes tho!! Either rob or kory!! I can't decide between them lol

Flip a coin :)

Since I suggested it, I'll let Dustin from ATP pick heads or tails!

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
well.. it sounded so good of an idea I got up and went and found a coin and the outcome was tails!! haha just wish I could run both lol

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Mine is doing this to, but I also have a injector out of speck. Does yours blow a fair bit of whiteish smoke at idle? I don't have height idle, but I think I am going to try to get a high idle tune or wire it in to see if it helps.....

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
Mine is doing this to, but I also have a injector out of speck. Does yours blow a fair bit of whiteish smoke at idle? I don't have height idle, but I think I am going to try to get a high idle tune or wire it in to see if it helps.....

no just when its cold and once its warm it doesn't at all unless its below zero out

Aaron@LDS

Goin' Broke!
Vendor/Sponsor
Jan 19, 2013
Saint Johnsville, NY
Your injectors are leaking, and that's causing the smoke at idle and stops. Your balance rates can be perfect and still leak. The fuel comes out white and unburnt because the injector is constantly leaking at all times. Not just when it should.

Are your injectors under warranty?

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
Your injectors are leaking, and that's causing the smoke at idle and stops. Your balance rates can be perfect and still leak. The fuel comes out white and unburnt because the injector is constantly leaking at all times. Not just when it should.

Are your injectors under warranty?

The injectors I would think so I only have 10k miles on them.. labor probly not

Aaron@LDS

Goin' Broke!
Vendor/Sponsor
Jan 19, 2013
Saint Johnsville, NY
My point about the warranty is that you can call Exergy and ask for some tech support from them. This would rule out injectors, or get them warrantied. It's possible that your tuning is causing your truck to overfuel, so your new tuning could fix it (if that's the reason). But normally this would also cause a strong lope. That's why I am lead to believe your injectors are fueling when they shouldn't (leaking).

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
My point about the warranty is that you can call Exergy and ask for some tech support from them. This would rule out injectors, or get them warrantied. It's possible that your tuning is causing your truck to overfuel, so your new tuning could fix it (if that's the reason). But normally this would also cause a strong lope. That's why I am lead to believe your injectors are fueling when they shouldn't (leaking).

im going to have to wait till Thursday to make some calls ill be busy the rest of the week and get the low down and see what I can do..

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
Yea good point, you said that when you come up to red lights and when you let it idle it gets real bad when you get going again and that sounds like a normal lb7 with a shot injector, and you said it's not as bad when on high idle if I'm not mistaken which makes sense because when my injectors were bad I would put it in neutral and rev it up so I wouldn't get another ticket in California for smog... Also maybe because you have twins it's taking longer for that raw fuel to make it's way out of the stack, my lb7 was puking soot and raw fuel all over my quarter panel and bumper when mine were shot, and in the exhaust piping it was dry to the touch also. And if it was a turbo you would look like you were on fire driving down the highway with the smoke you would be puking out. My guess would be either tunes or injectors man but I'm no expert.

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
Yea good point, you said that when you come up to red lights and when you let it idle it gets real bad when you get going again and that sounds like a normal lb7 with a shot injector, maybe because you have twins it's taking longer for that raw fuel to make it's way out of the stack, my lb7 was puking soot and raw fuel all over my quarter panel and bumper when mine were shot, and in the exhaust piping it was dry to the touch also. And if it was a turbo you would look like you were on fire driving down the highway with the smoke you would be puking out. My guess would be either tunes or injectors man but I'm no expert.

just when its cold tho if its warmer out it wont do it.. ya I know the turbo thing.. I blew the wastegate out of my stocker and you could hide a battleship in that black mess...

Jul 24, 2013
jacksonville nc
I would notice a difference in mine when it was colder out too, it smoked a lot more, I talked to a few people and thought about it and if it's colder the fuel isn't burning as efficient which will make it smoke more, which would make sense with a shotty injector or a few, you said you got it together just before hunting season so it was warmer out than the temps you have mentioned so you may not have been able to notice it as easily because of the better fuel efficiency, but like i said I'm no expert, just trying to brainstorm

JackPine47

Apr 3, 2013
central mn
I would notice a difference in mine when it was colder out too, it smoked a lot more, I talked to a few people and thought about it and if it's colder the fuel isn't burning as efficient which will make it smoke more, which would make sense with a shotty injector or a few, you said you got it together just before hunting season so it was warmer out than the temps you have mentioned so you may not have been able to notice it as easily because of the better fuel efficiency, but like i said I'm no expert, just trying to brainstorm

your probly right..i had the injectors checked in December an checked out fine but it has gotten worse.. I just don't want to accept it since ive had my motor out of the truck in pieces 2 times in less then 12,000 miles and sat for about a year... I just cant keep forking money out like I have been... its my daily driver and cant afford to have it down again...