LBZ: Programming Injector Flow Rate?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
The ECM will adjust the fuel qty based on each injectors "flow rate". Not sure at what rpm it stops doing this at, maybe its just idle.

Im also not sure on how the duramax uses the trim codes, but on a Cummins the trim code that is printed on the outside of the injector solenoid has to be converted to hex before its entered into the ecm.

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
Which one of the two numbers on the injector is it. I tried both of them yesterday and niether worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
The two different set of numbers on mine where a 6 digit numer and and 7 digit. They looked like this. E44060 and 5000000

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
That's the only two on the top of the injector that and a little bar code looking thing

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
#2 is the injector flow rate code. It isn't really worth the hassle to get the codes off all 8 injectors though. The ECM doesn't know the codes don't match the injectors. It will only set a DTC for improper flow rates if the ECM codes don't match the GPCM codes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Injector flow rate.gif
    Injector flow rate.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 284

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
Yes I know. I had to swap the ECM due to frying it then when I got the p268a code I accidentally copy the value from the ECM to the gpcm which the ECM ones are not correct now I have a p160c and neither are correct. That's why I need the numbers off the injectors. Thanks for the good pictures

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You aren't understanding me. If the ECM injector codes match what is in the GPCM, there will be no codes. The ECM doesn't know if the codes match the injectors or not, it only knows if they match the GPCM.

Jose

Aug 23, 2016
#2 is the injector flow rate code. It isn't really worth the hassle to get the codes off all 8 injectors though. The ECM doesn't know the codes don't match the injectors. It will only set a DTC for improper flow rates if the ECM codes don't match the GPCM codes.

attachment.php

Hello guys; Please help!

According to that image, injector flow rate code is the code #2, but I used Tech2 and asked me for 16 digits. I only saw 13 characters on my injector (same image). What should I input then?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
Hello guys; Please help!

According to that picture, injector flow rate code is the code #2, but I used Tech2 and asked me for 16 digits. I only saw 13 characters on my injector. What should I input then?

Thanks in advance!!
Use all the numbers thats there. Both lines

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jose

Aug 23, 2016
Thanks cat_dr. Then should I fill three zeros at the end? Tech2 needs 16digits. Is my label wrong?

cat_dr.

Feb 20, 2013
Jackson,Al
I was thinking there was enough numbers to fill it with. Its been awhile so i can't remember

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks cat_dr. Then should I fill three zeros at the end? Tech2 needs 16digits. Is my label wrong?

Yes, add zeros at the end of the number on the injector when entering them into the ECM with the scan tool.