Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
For this season I am doing 4'' Tough Country lift, dual fuelers, and a ED charger- along with some other small stuff to go with it. Gonna be a whole new learning curve for this year. Hope that it turns out well for me- Steven

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
The TC 4" lits work great, its the Angles in the shafts and the use of a 4" block in the rear really helps to keep the truck level.

I have the DH2(Dirty Hooker II) coming together fast, All new drive line, Suspention set up, Frame, Body, and turbo set ups. DH1 will be draging DH2 to the pulls.

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I'm going the economical route with a frozenboost unit. Jimdmax has had good luck with one as have many others (the $499 one). There was a good thread on DP about it when they installed it. I'll look for it.

I've went the same route. I know quite a few guys running the frozenboost with very good luck

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
The TC 4" lits work great, its the Angles in the shafts and the use of a 4" block in the rear really helps to keep the truck level.

I have the DH2(Dirty Hooker II) coming together fast, All new drive line, Suspention set up, Frame, Body, and turbo set ups. DH1 will be draging DH2 to the pulls.

Tony are going open drive line with the dirty hooker II?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
im in the works of building an engine for corries truck,s taying 2.6.

Whats the thoughts on axles? Wanting to upgrade but not wanting to go to a spool, we still plan on driving the truck a good bit?

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN

Whats the thoughts on axles? Wanting to upgrade but not wanting to go to a spool, we still plan on driving the truck a good bit?

Are you wanting to stay single wheel, or are you going with duals. I had the SCS axles before I had the 38 spline yukons. And the SCS axles snapped the first time I hooked with the dual wheel set up

FarmDiesel22

Farmer
Sep 28, 2009

X2. What's the strongest setup to run and still be able to drive on the street and would be strong enough to go to a bigger class in the future and run duals?

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
X2. What's the strongest setup to run and still be able to drive on the street and would be strong enough to go to a bigger class in the future and run duals?

I know yukon sells a locker for the 38spline axles. Mark runs one of them in his daily driver/drag truck and says he has no problems with the locker. I know Tony B also sells 38 spline axle shafts too.

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Pulled our truck and the Freighttrain without and then with TC lifts. Tried a 3" block and it seemed better than stock but we both settled on a 2" rear blocks & liked that best. As for limiting upward travel of the front. We tried that also, We had 6" of air underneath the front tires & bent front end parts on both hooks. We couldn't get that stuff off quick enough. Just my opinion though. Air to water? Just checked my pics & that was so 2008 :roflmao: Dyno results did not confirm enough of a gain for me to screw with it. Who needs an intercooler for 300' anyway, it's only a parts catcher :D

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
It's just another fad. If someone wins with a certain set of tires they become the best, chargers, trans & on and on. Prove to me it works. Is it better to injest cooler air, sure but how much difference on the track? I say you can spot someone 100hp & still beat them with setup. JMO
Just a question:
Could an intercooler be consideried a radiator because most associations rules do not talk about intercooler specifically but say "radiator" must be same size as stock?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Are you wanting to stay single wheel, or are you going with duals. I had the SCS axles before I had the 38 spline yukons. And the SCS axles snapped the first time I hooked with the dual wheel set up

We ran all last year @ roughly 700rwhp with alum drive shaft and stock axles, plan to run a bit more this year, stayin single wheel. Two trucks,Set up to set up, hp to hp even the same paint color one w duals, ours with out, duals wernt the answer on out local tracks.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Yeah, im quite surprised, truck always pulls hard on the rear too, i dont wanna take anychances next year, i figure we used all our luck with it this year!! LOL!