Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I had a stripped bolt on the y bridge tore it apart and fixed it its up and running again! I think ed's wrong on that orange deal I won a points championship on a orange motor!

Good to hear...when's the first hook? I'm thinking I got my map sensor issue resolved, going to hook tomorrow night and find out.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Been playing with mine tonight trying to get it to spool up better. What's everyone's thoughts on 4 hi vs. 4 lo? I'm running 4.10 gears with a 33" tire. 4 lo it will barely build boost before it overpowers the brakes, 4 hi will sit there and sit there till I let go of the brakes, any reason I shouldn't try 4 hi tomorrow with a sled behind me?

In my option, it spooled in hi like it should, I'm just concerned it may not be good for the truck because I've always been under the impression to pull in lo:confused:

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI
I had a hell of a time getting my turbo to spool till I put in a Suncoast 1053-2 converter, now it spools with ease!

whats the stall on that? I had a 1053-1 and I believe it was 2800 and would start to push through the brakes a little earlier than id wanted still haven't hooked with the zf6 yet i'm already sweating i'm so nervous hahaha!

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I'm running a 1053-1 convertor...maybe I need to change that out.

I'll try 4th start today in lo and see how it does.

When you hooking rich? I'm curious how that zf does compared to the Allison