Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I think AJ had a good idea. This thread can be dedicated to sled pulling mods in the off season... suspension ideas, turbos, motors, tires or whatever. We have some pretty cool things going on right now, like as i type this were taking a break.:D Will post some more details later when i get home. One thing i would like to talk about is suspension. I have some ideas im going to try out this year.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
You need to take a peak at Troy's front suspension. I am thinking a set of QA1's that have very slow rebound and some sort of soft bumpstops on the A-arms can help slow the front end down without pulling weight of the front tires.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
The coil overs would not need to hold the weight, that is what the bump stops would do. You really just need them in there to "control" up and down movement.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Man you guys are so secretive about things this thread will probably just have alot of these on it
:secret:
:catfight:
:nopic:
:rules:

:D j/k!

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Something I have always been curious about is, why does everyone swear by a tuff country 4" lift for sled pulling? Is it the corrected steering geometry that helps that much? Or is there something more to it.....

One of my theories is that with a tuff country lif tthe front doesn't sit on the foam suspension stops as much. Where as with stock suspension it is resting heavily on them so as soon as the front end lifts a little bit the weight comes off the bumpstops and the torsion bars are "loose" enough they don't put much downward force on the front tires.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
& what's your build specs?!?! :D

Hopefully mine will be together sometime this season although some recent ideas might push that off another year. :D. We'll see.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
This guy and truck.

Yes It is Huge.

attachment.php

Attachments

• wakeman-broke-sled [1024x768].jpg
    wakeman-broke-sled [1024x768].jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 1,568
Last edited by a moderator: