No Coal Rolling In NJ

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Never! You mean to tell me Diesel Place had a section just for smoke out stories. Everyone got a kick out of them stories and never hardly a single negative post about it. Of course we have since grew up and learned our lesson. Now only if we had the same level of acceptance as our elders. Knowing kids will be kids and some times they need a slap on the wrist not the book threw at them.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Never! You mean to tell me Diesel Place had a section just for smoke out stories. Everyone got a kick out of them stories and never hardly a single negative post about it. Of course we have since grew up and learned our lesson. Now only if we had the same level of acceptance as our elders. Knowing kids will be kids and some times they need a slap on the wrist not the book threw at them.

Dozerboy
When your little punks do bad things that change the law that affects all of us for the worse; they need more than a slap.
Why don't you start a fund, out of your pocket for the stupid diesel boy punks so they can buy their trucks back?
Just think; you could be known as the Mother Teresa of diesel smokers.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Kids that do this, are more often than not doing it in daddy's truck that they "modded"

I doubt it will do much at all, since NJ has no diesel inspection for personal diesel trucks and short of cops getting trained on levels of opacity.. you would really really have to piss off some state trooper to get a ticket for this. Hopefully it smacks down the blatant offenders of this but to be honest, have not seen many around me.

I would be very curious more so at the stacks part, will cops be giving extra attention to idiots with stacks now?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Cute. All hale the o holier than thou MikeL.

Just cause I like you so much and you seem to want to take shots at me. When I try and be civil and just disagree with you I did a quick search on DP. A tread you started and tilted "A Smoky Trail at LACR"
2-27-2005
Guy. Craig, Tim and I left the dragstrip together. Tim ( Dodge ) was in front, Guy next, then me and Craig ( Dodge ). Seems Tim was letting Guy have some ( I felt ) unecessary victory smoke. Tim did this once too often, and Guy was not having any of this sitting down( I am still in the back mind you , recieving this sh!t). Guy nails it and goes around Tim as Craig goes around me to pull next to Tim. ( Wonder what Craig was sayiying to Tim?) So, Guy is in the lead laying some serious smoke on Tim, Craig is behind Guy laying serious smoke on Tim, and Tim decides to lay serious smoke on little old innocent me. You guys are dog meat next time we meet. Yes that means you Guy! I get no respect. I did laugh a lot while you guys were doing this crazy sh!t. I couldn't see nothing ( neither could anyone else on the freeway ) but Ilaughed.
mike

I wonder how "my little punks" got the idea smoking out people was funny... You know damn well you are held in high esteem in the internet diesel community. Yet you seem to think you can wash your hands of some of the ugly things its caused.

Its ok though Mike I still love ya. The sheep must be cutting you off lately and that gives you the right to be a grouchy old man.
:hug:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Dozerboy said:
Seen where laws like this go. I know you don't mean this, but by that way of thinking we should have the EPA at all motor sports. Sniff and smoke test before you can compete. Why not just be reasonable and say you can smoke and not worry about emissions in a controlled environment like a track? What are you going to do when you kill the sport, because people what to go have fun? Not worry about if the high humidity or a weak fuel pump is going to keep them from competing.

I'm not saying that smoke shouldn't be allowed at the track, and I'm CERTAINLY not saying the EPA should check for emissions at tracks (the 'EPA' should be shut down and disbanded IMO. They have completely lost their minds. If they have their way, cows {and everything else} will have to be outfitted with catalytic converters to 'process' the flatulence - they are that far gone).

What I'm saying is what's 'fun' about making clouds of smoke? The smoke isn't going to make you more power (ok, maybe you might make a few more hp than the clean tune, but not nearly as much as if you added air to actually USE that fuel).... I'd either dial it back to make as much power as possible with the air I have and keep it clean, or add air so it can effectively use the fuel I dump in. Forget the 'EPA', smoking out the goober mobile prius' and such for a second. Even if NONE of those existed or were an issue, going fast is fun but the smoke is just wasted fuel and power. So..... Why? If you want to smoke like an old steam locomotive at the track, fine - but then watch me blow your doors off with a truck that barely hazes all out. :shrug:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
No I know that. I'm just saying thats where laws like this could lead if some keep hammering no smoking because its the popular thing to do.

You prep all you want, but who knows how your trucks going to run the day you get to the track. You sure ain't going to go home because it smokes more then you like and if you own a 12V....

Im coming from my truck won't even haze once its spooled on kill in the cooler months. But right now we are at 90% humidity and in the dead of summer your going to smoke unless you want to pull 80+HP out. Who wants to spent that much time getting their truck just right? This is for fun. I spent weeks working with the Fuel mixture table to get it to this point and I never want to look at that stupid table again.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Cute. All hale the o holier than thou MikeL.

Just cause I like you so much and you seem to want to take shots at me. When I try and be civil and just disagree with you I did a quick search on DP. A tread you started and tilted "A Smoky Trail at LACR"
2-27-2005

I wonder how "my little punks" got the idea smoking out people was funny... You know damn well you are held in high esteem in the internet diesel community. Yet you seem to think you can wash your hands of some of the ugly things its caused.

Its ok though Mike I still love ya. The sheep must be cutting you off lately and that gives you the right to be a grouchy old man.
:hug:

It was funny at the time but we were wrong. This happened in 2004. We should have been busted. We should have paid a big fine.
As far as you liking me; didn't you have a big issue with me about a cooler a few years ago?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Nope it was several years ago over your Snake Oiler that you never sent me for months on end. Then when I confronted you after you kept putting me off. You gave me a fair answer which is all I wanted. In fact when I blew my trans 2 years ago I turned to you for parts and a builder recommendation. Unfortunately my builder wanted it his way or the hwy, and I chose local service.

Stupid stuff like any of this isn't the kind of reasons someone becomes my enemy. You have my respect, we just strongly disagree here. This is an open discussion all in good fun. We live a long ways from NJ so screw'em.

SnackMix

Mar 22, 2015
The best part about the guys with the 10" tip and "rolling coal" is the look on their face when I blow their damn doors off. It's nice having a truck that seems stock with just straight pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk