No Coal Rolling In NJ

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
You coal roller bashers kill me. So much for the constitution. Did we really NEED another law about this? You could probably write someone 5 tickets for rolling coal, but we just had to have one more. All I hear from most of you is you sticking your nose in other people business. I don't like something your doing some lets make a law to stop you. When 98% of the time no one gets affected by rolling coal.

The worse smoking truck I have ever been in was my stock ford 6.4l. That POS would go into regen and if you where stuck in traffic no one around you could breath. It would just billow white smoke the whole time.
Try a regen after turbo failure on one of those stupid things. I thought for sure someone was going to call the cops on me haha. Most smoke I've seen from one vehicle in my life.

I want my truck as smoke free as possible just because I hate being smoked on so I don't like doing it to other drivers. But being a manual I get a little puff between every gear if I accelerate at more than half throttle and don't slowly roll back into it. A $5g ticket for that would really fry my ass.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You coal roller bashers kill me. So much for the constitution. Did we really NEED another law about this? You could probably write someone 5 tickets for rolling coal, but we just had to have one more. All I hear from most of you is you sticking your nose in other people business.

Im trying to keep those who will really affect your life styke choices out by bashing coal rollers. If it keeps up, we are going to get more and more attention from government regulatory committees. Trust me thats no good, I have seen first hand what happens with the down fall of the comercial and charter fishing industries. If you like your personal freedoms you too will start to help self regulate society so we can keep big gov out of our daily lives. This country used to be great bc people cared about thier community and its outward appearance, only since the embracment of liberal morals has this country started its downfall. Everythings ok, nothong is taboo, not good...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
This country used to be great bc people cared about thier community and its outward appearance, only since the embracment of liberal morals has this country started its downfall. Everythings ok, nothong is taboo, not good...

Outward appearance? Like before we started making stupid redundant laws trying to control other peoples actions that some disagree with based on looks. Like blowing smoke really looks bad, but isn't really that bad? Thats all that law has anything to do with. Appearances.

We can all agree blowing obnoxious amounts of smoke isn't right, but we sure don't need a law just for that. As far as confiscating someone truck for doing so is ass-nine and for Mike to suggest such a thing is crazy.

This counties problem is obvious and is demonstrated all the time. Election turnout. Thats how people self regulate.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
System is broken, too many people are on the dull, bascially they are payed to vote...

Broken, to many on the dull? No we just don't turnout to vote for whatever reason. Less then 60% for the big ones all the way down to 400 people picking school board members around here.

They need to make more rigorous laws against priuses cutting off diesels.

Why so we can get "revenge"? I know I live in the great state of Texas, but I have never seen that Prius drivers act like that.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Purposely smoking out others SHOULD be punished. Its a safety issue for the other drivers. Blowing some when accelerating onto the freeway, for example, shouldnt.
Trouble is, the general public -- including the police -- dont discern between the two. We can, but they cannot. So, we're left with legislation that does indeed punish the bystanders with the wrongdoers. Oh well. Its not like tuners cant make a good low-smoke tune now, anyways. Leave the smoke to the pulling track or dragstrip.
Again, Im glad the douchebags are getting their just due. Their idiotic behavior brought it upon us all.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Outward appearance? Like before we started making stupid redundant laws trying to control other peoples actions that some disagree with based on looks. Like blowing smoke really looks bad, but isn't really that bad? Thats all that law has anything to do with. Appearances.

We can all agree blowing obnoxious amounts of smoke isn't right, but we sure don't need a law just for that. As far as confiscating someone truck for doing so is ass-nine and for Mike to suggest such a thing is crazy.

This counties problem is obvious and is demonstrated all the time. Election turnout. Thats how people self regulate.

I take it you or someone in your family has never been smoked out. An innocent person sitting at a red light with their window open, people casually taking a walk down the street, a mother walking a stroller with her baby down the sidewalk.
People that think like you cause new laws to be written. I will tell you one thing; you smoke me out or someone in my family and will want more than your PS truck. I'll want your ass.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I take it you or someone in your family has never been smoked out. An innocent person sitting at a red light with their window open, people casually taking a walk down the street, a mother walking a stroller with her baby down the sidewalk.
People that think like you cause new laws to be written. I will tell you one thing; you smoke me out or someone in my family and will want more than your PS truck. I'll want your ass.
X a million

You want to blow smoke do it on your own time on your own property. Bystanders shouldn't have to deal with someone's smoke because some clown thinks it's cool or funny.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Purposely smoking out others SHOULD be punished. Its a safety issue for the other drivers. Blowing some when accelerating onto the freeway, for example, shouldnt.
Trouble is, the general public -- including the police -- dont discern between the two. We can, but they cannot. So, we're left with legislation that does indeed punish the bystanders with the wrongdoers. Oh well. Its not like tuners cant make a good low-smoke tune now, anyways. Leave the smoke to the pulling track or dragstrip.
Again, Im glad the douchebags are getting their just due. Their idiotic behavior brought it upon us all.

Why even smoke there? I can possibly see if you have a dedicated pulling/drag truck, and it belches smoke until the turbo(s) is(are) lit, but if it is pouring out black smoke all the way down the track, you don't have it tuned or built right - you have too much fuel for your air or not enough air for your fuel, whichever way you want to put it. There's really no reason to be doing that. Period.

Years ago, before EFILive based tuning got to where it is now, there wasn't much of a way around it. My truck smoked like crazy with the Predator and PPE tuning that I ran back then. Now I'm running tuning from IdahoRob that is probably putting down more power than those canned tunes and is orders of magnitude cleaner.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Why even smoke there? I can possibly see if you have a dedicated pulling/drag truck, and it belches smoke until the turbo(s) is(are) lit, but if it is pouring out black smoke all the way down the track, you don't have it tuned or built right - you have too much fuel for your air or not enough air for your fuel, whichever way you want to put it. There's really no reason to be doing that. Period.

Years ago, before EFILive based tuning got to where it is now, there wasn't much of a way around it. My truck smoked like crazy with the Predator and PPE tuning that I ran back then. Now I'm running tuning from IdahoRob that is probably putting down more power than those canned tunes and is orders of magnitude cleaner.
While I do agree with you somewhat, since my truck doesn't have the slightest haze running in the 10s, pulling trucks are air limited by class. No way around them smoking like crazy.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

People like me what do you know about me? I bet you have broken more laws then me. Just on shear age alone. I have been a "victim" of reckless driving, but no I have never been smoked out to the point of it being a hazard. Other then by my own stock 6.4 in regen. You want to come get my ass for my stock truck smoking people out? Being stuck in traffic with it is way worse then most smoke out videos.

I never said I disagree with writing tickets for smoke. We don't need an other law for it. You thinking we should take someones truck and get someone ass over this. Now thats way over board and you know it. Your not going to sit here and tell us that smoking is as bad as street racing and drunk driving are you?

Seen where laws like this go. I know you don't mean this, but by that way of thinking we should have the EPA at all motor sports. Sniff and smoke test before you can compete. Why not just be reasonable and say you can smoke and not worry about emissions in a controlled environment like a track? What are you going to do when you kill the sport, because people what to go have fun? Not worry about if the high humidity or a weak fuel pump is going to keep them from competing.

RichLMM

Sep 5, 2010
North Kingstown RI

couldn't have said it better myself.... I'm extremely tired of the kids around me that think its cool. I was on a four lane the other day some kid must have saw that my lml is tuned came up beside me and took off clouding me and everyone else out I wanted to strangle him

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I'll just say this,

All of us on this board (99.9%) were, "those idiot kids" at one point or another....;)