Next mods?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yes I did,
down pipe / up pipe / dropped the exhaust / dropped the def tank / removed all emissions / 4' Flo Pro /"Y" bridge / cold air bundle / hot side pipe / CP3, all in a three day weekend. Fun times, LOL!

Nice that’s exactly what I’m going to do except I already have 5” exhaust installed. Curious to see if it will sound any different, I felt like my lmm with stock turbo was louder than this

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
i am about to install my 5" straight and 3" down pipe as well, are you running straight pipe? If so is it loud in the cab, i love loud exhaust, keeps the wife from stealing my truck :woott::woott:

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
5” straight pipe here. Can hardly hear it in the cab, my lmm was way louder. Not sure if these new cabs have way more sound deadening or what. I hear more injector rattle than exhaust

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Nice that’s exactly what I’m going to do except I already have 5” exhaust installed. Curious to see if it will sound any different, I felt like my lmm with stock turbo was louder than this

You’re definitely going to hear the intake. Mines a 4”, I am very pleased with it. Quiet when it’s cruising, but you can hear it when you get after it.

Much more intake noise, very noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Eventually I'd like to twin my lml. Just gotta keep it on the road long enough to recoup some cash flow. But Mark's stg 1.5 2.5 vgt made a huge difference on my lml with just a single heavy tow tune and 10mm stroker cp3.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
How’s your stock trans holding up with the compound kit? Do you have the epc fooler in trans?
I haven't put the epc fooler in, but I do have tcm tuning from Kory that has the raised pressure.. I've done numerous 0 to 100 pulls and it clicks through the gears just like normal pretty well...

Not saying that it's not getting hurt but it's feeling good so far. And I'm getting up to 60 psi on my boost so it's doing pretty good imo..

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Eventually I'd like to twin my lml. Just gotta keep it on the road long enough to recoup some cash flow. But Mark's stg 1.5 2.5 vgt made a huge difference on my lml with just a single heavy tow tune and 10mm stroker cp3.
At the 2500-2800 for the vgt I could do the 369 for the same price if not cheaper since I already have a compatible y bridge and cold side. For the same price I think I’d rather run a 369. I love that cackle from them, the high pitch whistle eventually started to drive me crazy lol.
I haven't put the epc fooler in, but I do have tcm tuning from Kory that has the raised pressure.. I've done numerous 0 to 100 pulls and it clicks through the gears just like normal pretty well...

Not saying that it's not getting hurt but it's feeling good so far. And I'm getting up to 60 psi on my boost so it's doing pretty good imo..

Should be doing the same as the epc fooler then. How much power are you making? Hoping mine stays together for a while stock turbo max effort. Hoping to be around that 550-600 mark with the cp3 and more airflow.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
I have no idea really but I would think it'd be over 600, I know it was a fairly substantial bump in power when it rolled out of our shop.. But I went from a cp4 to a stroker cp3 and a compound turbo so yeah..

I think I've seen somebody say that the stock turbo don't go much over 550 very easy but with a cp3 you should be able to max the turbo no problem..

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Awesome, mainly turbo whistle?

A little bit? But mainly just air flow. Kind of hard to describe.

When we were kids and had 4 barrel carburetors with vacuum secondaries, we would flip our air cleaner lids upside down and reinstall them. Then when you'd stand on the throttle, you could really hear those secondaries open up.

It's sort of like that? I guess just the movement of air is much more noticable.

My son's truck (Crulpeak on here) he did the Batmowheel on his turbo, other than that ours are identical, but yeah you can really hear his spool up.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I have no idea really but I would think it'd be over 600, I know it was a fairly substantial bump in power when it rolled out of our shop.. But I went from a cp4 to a stroker cp3 and a compound turbo so yeah..

I think I've seen somebody say that the stock turbo don't go much over 550 very easy but with a cp3 you should be able to max the turbo no problem..

Yeah I know 650 is definitely do able with a cp3 with lbz/lmm injectors. I figured with much more efficient pizeo injectors and a sportsman I should hit 650-700 which is a good way to stop from turning up too much and keeping it a little safe.

But yeah lml turbos are the smallest yet lol... I’ve seen a few Instagram posts from all in and heard of a few others hitting just under that 600 mark on stock turbo with cp3 and some airflow mods. But not really worth the extra stress and drive pressure trying to go for that last 25hp that you’ll never notice.

I’m sure yours was night and day, my lmm had a weak cp3 with that modded vgt. Would loose some substantial rail pressure and pulse width would drop way back trying to build rail back up, best I ran was 12.86 at 6800 lbs which just put me a hair over 500. When I slapped that 369 and 10mm on holy crap, huge difference!

A little bit? But mainly just air flow. Kind of hard to describe.

When we were kids and had 4 barrel carburetors with vacuum secondaries, we would flip our air cleaner lids upside down and reinstall them. Then when you'd stand on the throttle, you could really hear those secondaries open up.

It's sort of like that? I guess just the movement of air is much more noticable.

My son's truck (Crulpeak on here) he did the Batmowheel on his turbo, other than that ours are identical, but yeah you can really hear his spool up.

Haha man I am only 24, I can’t relate to that :roflmao: all I’ve ever driven is efi and owned a dmax the longest out of any vehicle. Gonna start tearing into it tonight so should see the difference Saturday!

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Haha man I am only 24, I can’t relate to that :roflmao: all I’ve ever driven is efi and owned a dmax the longest out of any vehicle. Gonna start tearing into it tonight so should see the difference Saturday!

Well, I didn't want to lead right off with;

"You're probably too young to remember, ya young whipper snapper!". LOL

But I figured I was dating myself with that.

Trust me, I'm not the only one one here who ran around with a Rochester quadrajet and flipped air cleaner lid! Broke ass high school kid, had to be cool on a budget. LOL.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
Well, I didn't want to lead right off with;

"You're probably too young to remember, ya young whipper snapper!". LOL

But I figured I was dating myself with that.

Trust me, I'm not the only one one here who ran around with a Rochester quadrajet and flipped air cleaner lid! Broke ass high school kid, had to be cool on a budget. LOL.

After i tore the head off my 84 Buick 307 to get what i thought was a dropped valve, wrooooong, we put it back together and tried to cut the roof off so we could have a cool convertible to drive around gravel roads, had NO CLUE what a unibody car was and why it needed the roof :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Hey Josh, yeah my lift pump is an air dog.. My last lift pump was a fass and it was loud and annoying so decided to try an air dog this time.. I did put a sump in my last truck but that didn't fix the noise.. I can't hear mine now if my truck is running so I'm happy about that..

But no the air dog didn't come with a new draw straw.. So your deviant sump has a supply and a return port I guess?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I have the new fass 165 on my lml. Just got it about 6 months ago, it’s literally silent compared to my old fass 150. I literally have to put my hand on it and feel if it’s vibrating to tell if it’s on. Way quieter than my old one forsure and I had a sump on the lmm too.

But yes the deviant sump has a return and feed. The return is super nice on the deviant, it has several small ports that kick out horizontally away from the feed to return the fuel. The other sumps with returns I’ve seen have one pipe that sticks up and blasts straight up. Pretty sure deviant has a video on their website

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Sounds good for sure, I may have to go that route also here sometime..

I was just worried about having issues like I did with my last sump. Get below a quarter tank and take off fast or park with the front end up a little hill and it started running outta fuel. But could have been I put the sump to far forward.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I’ve been down to 50 miles on dic with zero issues starting. I’ll grab a pic of my setup. Just grabbing all my tools and parts now and going to start tearing truck down