Need some allison 1000 help built tranny won't go in gear any help would be awesome!!

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Okay I got everything back together in the the truck the only problem I'm having is when the housing snapped I lost alota fluid and it wouldn't go in gear till I unplugged the main harnes to drive it to the shop which wasn't far but now that it's back together with proper amount of fluid it keeps saying shift range inhibited and will not go in gear unless I unplugged the harness any help would be nice il drop the trans pan tmrw after wrk had enough for a night lol

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Well took the pan off earlier and im everything's spotless but I figured I'd change the filters anyways hopfully this helps

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
It will do nothing when put into gear besides say shift range inhibited the tranny lines are hard I can tell I have good pressure fluid level I right on if I unplugged the main trans harness it will default to 3 rd and reverse but that's it I put the trans in a month or two ago along with new int wiring harness n safty switch ignition switch and it's worked fine till this, someone had the code reader at are shop so I gota wait till the am to check codes! Also will the limp mode reset when the batteries are unplugged for a half hr or so or do you need a scanner to erase it?

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Wa wondering if the int harness might of screwed up because all the fluid leakin onto the connection on rear of trans it's a new harness when I put te trans in! When I hook the scanner upto it it shows the selonoids are working but when I replaced the first one I'm pretty sure they all said off or zero can't remember??

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Pretty sure the solenoids are supposed to say off or zero, and are only active or "on" during a shift???

I think it's been mentioned in your thread already to check that internal harness...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Pretty sure the solenoids are supposed to say off or zero, and are only active or "on" during a shift???

I think it's been mentioned in your thread already to check that internal harness...

The only time the solenoids are of is in 3rd gear. solenoids do not go on and off for a shift.