Need some allison 1000 help built tranny won't go in gear any help would be awesome!!

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
I put a new neutral saftey switch on but what do you mean about the manual valve connected?

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
And we have a pretty good snap on scanner I can see every thing pretty much all the solenoids say off! Wondering if I got the wrong or faulty internal harness! Also roughly how much pressure should be in the lines at idle? Also I have a different than stock trans cooler and I could prally figure out a way to hook a pressure tester up

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I would take it to someone who has lots of previous experience with Allison's. It sounds like you are blindly throwing parts at it without really knowing what is going on, or how the transmissions work.

"pretty much all of the solenoids say off"......... that means absolutely nothing.

line pressure at idle should be around 100-110psi or so.

Ben

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Well still no codes but like I said if I pull the bolt on the bottom of trans by the filter and start truck it sprays everywhere but when it sprays out it looks like it's full of air and I have not very much pressure in my lines goin to tran cooler!

You've already found your issue. If you have air in the fluid, it is either sucking air at the filter, or somebody screwed up putting the bellhousing gaskets in and it is sucking air around the passages. And you CANNOT check pressure at the cooler lines, it will tell you NOTHING! You must check it at the pressure test port, it is there for a reason.

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Is it possible for the air to leak in through where the dipstick meets the transmisson the gasket was bad I replaced tht the other day the trans will get rid of the air on te transmisson on its own? Or do you have to bleed it out

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Is it possible for the air to leak in through where the dipstick meets the transmisson the gasket was bad I replaced tht the other day the trans will get rid of the air on te transmisson on its own? Or do you have to bleed it out

Honestly, I'm not trying to sound like a dick. You need to take this to someone who knows how a transmission works. You're literally grasping at straws.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

The filler tube is the secondary breather. It better get some air.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
No offense but if you think the transmission sucking in air around the dipstick is causing airated fluid then you need someone else to look at it for you. Allison's are not like the old school transmission which ran off fluid pressure. Please let someone who know Allisons look at it with the correct scan tool. This will greatly help us help you.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I think the problem is going to come back...

Do you have any idea how rare solenoid failure is on allisons?

And how many solenoid failures would cause one to not move with the trans unplugged? My bet is the filter wasn't seated properly, and dropping it to do a solenoid is what made the difference.

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
No one of the clips was loose when I put the new harness in and it fell out so selonoid got pushe out smahed clip to make tighter been running like a dream for a week now

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah had me worried but my other problem now is when I tryn put I 4x4 the indicated light for 4 hi just flashes and then goes back to 2 hi! Would that be the transfer case motor that engages it?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Yeah had me worried but my other problem now is when I tryn put I 4x4 the indicated light for 4 hi just flashes and then goes back to 2 hi! Would that be the transfer case motor that engages it?

Check your switch on the dash.

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Well I'm back lol got a few questions!! I broke the ext housing in rear of trans so I bought a new one was told I should take trans out to do I and put bell housing down ona bench anyways I have the broke housing off te trans but need to get the shaft and the gears out tht are attached to it! I have the clip removed what else do I need todo? Special tools?

Trevor lb7

Aug 25, 2014
Okay guna hea over there now might have some more question don't wana sound like a tard but I don't remember seeing a but on there